Soft foods

Don27516
on 5/9/11 7:48 am - NC
 I was just cleared to start soft mushy foods!!! I really want some yogurt. On my way home I stopped at the grocery store and looked at the selection of low fat yogurts. I am a little worried about the sugar grams. Any suggestions or warnings? How many grams of sugar is too much? 

NIXMOMMIE
on 5/9/11 8:10 am - NC
Chobani greek, or Dannon greek is great.  You can get plain and add SF fruit or SF pudding mix or jello mix.  Delish!

Cheryl Allan
on 5/9/11 8:13 am - Canada
Limit sugar to 10 grams per portion. Realize that some foods are naturally high in sugar,
such as fruit. Caution should be used on portion sizes in these cases. Some sugars are
more likely to cause dumping, such as brown sugar, Dextrose (sugar from starch), high
fructose corn syrup, honey, maple sugar, molasses, raw sugar and sucrose (granulated
sugar). I copied it from my stuff so I hope that helps, yogurt is great try greek yogurt it has more protein and is good for you.
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Cheryl Allan
on 5/9/11 8:14 am - Canada
Opps forgot to say I stay under 5 grams....Have a good day
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

ephraimmeir77
on 5/9/11 8:45 am - CA
Fat Free Greek Yogurt Traders Joes or Yoksos has the best protien and the lowest sugar. Regular yogurt even fat free has way to much sugar. It is very sour on its own. I mix it with either splenda and cinnamin or sugar free jelly (made with splenda) and it is delish. I eat that for breakfast every morning.
Ephraim Osgood

Grace M.
on 5/9/11 9:03 am - Fort Hood, TX
I had my 2 week check up today and I ask the same thing, my doctor said to stay under 15g. and she told me to say away from the ones with fruit but you can have like the key lime pie, boston cream pie or vanilla. hope this helps ya

HW 375/ SW 311/ CW 242/ GW 150

FavisRNY
on 5/9/11 10:11 am - TX
I have the Fage greek yogurt and I mix in my cristal light to flavor it which ever way I like.

katsgrl1
on 5/9/11 2:02 pm
yogurt does have alot of sugar grams in it, but some of that somes from it just being a dairy food. My NUT said i could have any so long as it was light. i havent had any issues with it. However if you arent sure just call your NUT.

Carrie W.
on 5/9/11 2:08 pm - KY
Carbmasters yogurt has 8g protein and 4g carbs and only 60 calories.  Right now I'm having that for breakfast with a scoop of protein powder.  Gonna convert to greek once I've eaten all my carbmasters though. 

I was horrified the first time I ate greek yogurt!  It tastes way more like thick sour cream than what I think of yogurt.  I have strawberry preserves and I'm determined to eat the greek!!

Good luck.  You'll find something that works for you.
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 123 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views