Just awaiting Tricare authorization now!!!! How long?

Amy T.
on 5/11/11 10:21 am - CA
 My surgeons office called today, and told me she was tranmitting everything to Tricare today to get my authorization for surgery!  Wohoooo!  She said as soon as I get my approval,  we can schedule surgery!!  So excited!

For those of you who went through Tricare,  how long did it take to get your approval?  The surgery coordinator didn't think surgery the first part of June would be a problem.  

Waiting on pins and needles!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

strawberryblondie
on 5/11/11 10:26 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I have tricare and from the day my surgeon sent to the day they approved was one week and one day.  I was approved yesterday so I am now waiting for the scheduler to call me.  (They certainly aren't in as much of a hurry as I am, but I know I'm not their only patient)  I am expecting a June date as well...

Good luck and keep posting!!

First visit with surgeon                            3/17/11
Cleared for surgery                                  4/29/11
Approved by insurance                            5/10/11
Surgery Date                                            5/24/11

Amy T.
on 5/11/11 10:31 am - CA
 Thanks for the info!  She said it can be a few days or up to a week!  Can't wait to read about your process too!!!  Here's to our journey!  Cheers!

Amy

_Donna_
on 5/11/11 10:31 am
The letter went out on a Thursday, the next day was a holiday. The insurance company called me Wednesday to tell me of my approval. However, they said they tried to call on Monday but they had the wrong number for me. I had my surgery a week later.

So, to answer your question... i would expect a phone call friday or monday at the latest.

Tricare is currently the only insurance company that doesn't require much except that you be 100 lbs overweight.

RNY 5-5-2011

Amy T.
on 5/11/11 10:32 am - CA
 Thanks Donna, thats good news and I definitely meet that requirement!  Appreciate the quick response!
Amy

renee05
on 7/8/13 7:46 am - Columbus, GA

how does the process work. I am new to tricare and my doctor said she is sending a referral for a weight loss doctor, not really explaining what it mean or how long it would take. do anyone have any idea? thank you

Kaysmommy
on 5/11/11 10:43 am - Silver City, NM
Congrats. I have tricare too. Mine was faxed to them on a Friday and was being called to schedule the seminar from the hospital on Wednesday. Now if only next week for my seminar could hurry up so I can get the ball rolling.

From my understanding on these boards Tricare is really great and easy to work with for WLS. That's one thing they are good at I guess.
_Donna_
on 5/11/11 10:48 am
Kaysmommy, i see you and i are neighbors. dr clapp did my surgery, who will do yours?
Kaysmommy
on 5/11/11 10:57 am - Silver City, NM
2 of my friends had dr Clapp, so I'm guessing him since its at Beaumont. My seminar isn't till next week, so I can't wait to get my date soon. I've heard once at the seminar, you get a date soon, hope this true. I can't wait. Are you in NM, we got stationed here because it is close to family in NM. I'm hoping to get a date in the beginning of June so my hubby will be gone training, and family can be here helping me.
Amy T.
on 5/11/11 4:07 pm - CA
Awesome news for you!  Good luck with everything!  Here's hoping your seminar comes quickly for you!

My doc has a checklist of things to complete before we have our consult with him,  so fortunately I had all those boxes crossed off before I met with him.  

Haven't had any issues with Tricare.  Have been military for 25 years and have been through many medical issues in our family - have been completely satisfied with TRICARE throughout it all.

Good luck!  Can't wait to read your posts!
Amy