OT- clothes donations

mshelf3
on 5/18/11 8:22 am
I know most of us have so many clothes that we have shrunken out of and need to get rid of. There is a woman I know who works with county mental health departments. They often have people who come to them for services and are in great need for different items. It is VERY hard for them to find clothes for the larger individuals. She said that sometimes people come to them from the hospital in paper clothes. When these people are over size 18, it is just very difficult because most of the donated clothing is not for larger people. I had been donating clothes to GoodWill, but I have started giving my clothes to places such as the county or local shelters. They all say the same thing, they NEED donations of larger clothes.
I have to say it felt great giving my clothes to an organization I KNEW needed them.
I would encourage you to look for these group in your area.
  HW:398 SW:378 GW:180(DR.) 160(me)

Carla M.
on 5/18/11 9:18 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Thanks so much! I'm a big donater myself. Local shelters are the best to donate to. I have also donated to an organization called "Clothes That Work"  and the local battered women's shelter. All benefiting those that truly need our clothes. It's hard to start over, find jobs, succeed when you can't afford it. I hope others will follow our leads!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views