Sad article" Britain's Fattes teeenage now anorexic and give 6 months to live after...

md131s
on 5/18/11 7:43 am, edited 5/18/11 7:44 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1383049/Malissa-Jo nes-Britains-fattest-teenager-battling-anorexia.html

After reading this article I was sickened by the lack of education and follow-up this young lady recieved after her by pass surgery. Especially, since she was the younges bypass patient. Malissa Jones had a RNY bypass performed in 2008, the article noted that she was the youngest patient to have the procedure performed.  She recieved notoriety as being Britains Fattest teenage and they talk about us Americans.

Doctors warned that if Malissa does not increase her food  intake should would die in 6 months. Food made her physically sick and just swallowing is painful. Everything she eats even in small amounts are painful. I wonder whether  she went to a nutritionist for advise or whether she is eating slowly or  following the 30-90 rule. The article also mentions that she eats, carrots, parsnips and  roasted potatoes. What about the protein?

Also, she became pregnant and due to complications with her liver they had to deliver the baby several months early by c-section. The baby later died.

This is a very sad story. This is a cautionary tale  to  follow your doctor and nutritionist guidelines. If they do not give you much guidance and support, run like hell to another practioners.

M.

syarbroG-5
on 5/18/11 10:51 am
WOW!

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roobi
on 5/19/11 12:18 am
 I'm not sure if a nutritionist would've helped. It sounds like she is truly anorexic. She doesnt want to eat because she's afraid she'll get fat. So she is forcing herself not to eat.  The article also says though that she doesnt eat because she has cramps or pain. I'm not sure if it is from the rny or because of her anorexic mind. It is a very sad story.