Sorry for the redundancy of this question...

Suzanne Gottschalk
on 5/19/11 5:57 am - Columbia, MO
I am trying to find an affordable protein powder and am having a heck of a time finding any! I found Kroger brand at my local Gerbes (Dillons) store but I think it has too much sugar in it (? does it?)

What do you use, where do you get it? Does it matter how much sugar is in it? I mix mine with unflavored almond or soy milk. What do you guys think?
nomoresugar
on 5/19/11 6:02 am
Yes it does matter how much sugar in the protein powder.  It should have very little, one of the ones I use has 2 grams of sugar, but no added sweetener so it isn't very sweet.

Try a vitamin/nutrition shop. often they will mix a sample for you or allow a return if you don't like it.  Lots of people use some found at walmart.  It should have no more than 10 calories per gram of protein, less is better.  And it should be whey isolate for the best absorbtion.
ahmerzrealm
on 5/19/11 6:04 am - Naperville, IL
You should not be using any protein powder with sugar it it. It will not only give you dumping syndrome but also unwanted calories from carbs.

I am not sure what your budget is but you can get a tub of Nectar protein for 28.75. Shipping is about 6 bucks per order. So, you will save if you order more at one time.

Nectar is a high quality protein made by Syntrax. It has zero sugar in it.
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/19/11 6:05 am
I have seen some on here state soooo many brands. I tried unjury...loved it. I plan to try body fortress. Its only 14 bucks at walmart and they have three flavors.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Johanna !
on 5/19/11 6:14 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Body fortress vanilla at walmart is my go to protein - cheap and not wretched tasting.
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

Suzanne Gottschalk
on 5/20/11 2:40 am - Columbia, MO

Thank you so much to everyone that answered me! I appreciate you.