Is this normal at 8 months out????

kmama101
on 5/19/11 10:13 am
I had gastric bypass surgery 8 months ago and for the last 3 months I have not lost any weight what so ever. I have even gained a couple of pounds. About the time I started my stall I also started a new job. I love my job so I don't think it is stress related. I have gone from 263 pounds to 159 pounds but 30 pounds was lost 2 weeks before I had my surgery. I typically eat 800 to 1100 calories a day. If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate them very much. Also I get about 100 grams of protein a day. I do have to say that I am perfectly happy with where I am at because I feel great.But I would also like to lose a little extra because of bounce back weight..  Thank you all 

Katie

Ladytazz
on 5/19/11 11:13 am
 You may be where your body wants to be for now.  I have heard of people staying the same weight for a while and then suddenly the weight loss picks up again.
Have you changed things up a bit?  What you eat, when you eat,  more water and protein, different exercises, see if that makes a difference.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Price S.
on 5/19/11 11:48 am - Mills River, NC
We started around the same time.  However, my loss has been slower and steady.  I haven't had a week without a loss, even if it has just been 1lb.  I eat around what you do, and get a little over 100g of protein.  I go to Curves several times a week and work at my farm so I am pretty active.  I wouldn't think you are done for good but may need a chance for your body to catch up to everything.  I would see if you added another protein drink and see if that does any good.  Maybe you are exercising less since your new job.  Maybe your food is different, even if the calories are the same.  I lose better if I stay low carb, like 20 or less grams, net carbs.
You have done great so far.  I bet you will get to goal.  It just may take a little longer.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kmama101
on 5/19/11 1:28 pm
Thank you guys so much for writing back there is alot of good information. I have slowed down in the exercise department but I have started that bak up again. I eat about the same but come to think of it I started to stall when I began eating very little whole wheat stuff like la factory low carb tortillas so I might just eliminate them all together and see how that goes. Thank you very much for getting back to me!!!

Katie