I feel like mush

USNwife108
on 5/21/11 6:18 am
Ok, so I am 5 days out and I feel like a pile of death. I have always suffered from depression so this isn't helping and I'm having those infamous "what have i done?" moments. I can't eat, all I want to do is sleep, I'm having problems getting my protein/water in and my medicine in.

How did you guys get your vitamins/medications in if you can't drink at the same time? I know that you can cru**** up and put it in yogurt or whatever, but I still need SOMETHING to drink to wash down that AWFUL taste. My doctor gave me Loratab but it makes me feel sooooo drunk and I fall asleep in like 15 min. It's awful. Can we take liquid Tylenol?

Any words of advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated. I just want to feel normal again....and not get pissed off every time I see a commercial for food!
Cheryl Allan
on 5/21/11 6:21 am - Canada
I was told a lil bit of water to swallow my pills was ok, and yes liquid tylenol is fine to take, each day will get better and just try and walk as much as you can, getting in your protein is vital to loosing the weight so try and squeeze all of it in...good luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Momx4kids
on 5/21/11 6:32 am - Abbotsford, Canada
I'm 6 days out and just starting to feel ok still have pain but not as bad. I am not doing the vit. yet because of the same reason. You can take meds and small sips of water. I am focussing on getting as much protein(carnation instant breakfast unsweetened) in as possible, and do water or juice when Im not 'eating' . I have felt better since getting more protein in. but am still laying down at least 3 times a day basically pass out for at least an hour, hopefully it will get better. My doc has me on Tramecet which basically makes me pretty drowsy. I don't take it as much but am now swallowing the whole pill with water and waiting 20 min at least for it to disolve in my tummy. Hope that helps and you start feeling better, I say keep taking those rests, your body needs it! I should get better hang in there!!
Rhonda
Sasrah1972
on 5/21/11 6:55 am - NY
Hi! Congrats. My surgery was 5/17. I am doing ok emotionally but yes, it is tough getting in the liquids and protein. I had Greek yogurt for breakfast, with some applesauce, and for lunch I had cottage cheese and more applesauce. I am drinking water, vitamin water (free) and my protein shake. It is hard, but I am setting the timer on my phone so I get a reminder to drink or eat. I am shifting from 2 ground up percoset to 1, and it wipes me out! I also didn't get as much exercise/walking in today as I should have.
All the advice I can offer you is to stay the course. Every little bit will make you feel better and every day is one step to feeling like your new self!
psx chelly
on 5/21/11 9:14 am

Oh yeah... your definitely going to have the buyers remorse.  I had it for over a week.  I was like "omg what have i done" 

I didnt quite feel like a pile of death, as you do now, but i am serious and i am sure the others have told you, you'll get past it. 

I know you want to sleep, but the best thing for you right now is to walk around and keep moving.  I am not telling you to jog in place or anything.. just walk a little.  moving around will get rid of the gas build up in your torso, and help you heal.

RE: vitamins.  I was told not to take pills so soon.  Are you sure you have to take them now?  I wasnt told to start taking vitamins until my 2ish month check up.

I took Liquid Tylenol... some people say there is sugar in it, but i dont know because the package doesnt say how much.

DebsGiz
on 5/21/11 1:58 pm - FL

Hey there,

As I was reading your post, the thought went through my mind that everything you mentioned sounds pretty normal for the phase you are in.  I so remember feeling very much as you do now.

I know this sucks, big time, but keep plugging away as it will get better.  This time next week, you're gonna be feeling better, and the week after that even more so.  I think it generally takes about six weeks to feel pretty much back to "normal."

Meanwhile, do the best you can each day with the water and vitamins.  Most of us cannot get all we need to get in at first, but just keep pushing yourself a little harder each day and you will get there.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 101 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 317 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 269 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 436 views