Getting sick after breakfast....EVERY day

Sara H.
on 5/24/11 11:24 am - Champaign, IL
So everything is going beautifully. I'm 8 months out...down 108 lbs. I've started getting sick after breakfast every day. About 20-30 minutes after I eat, I get stomach cramps and then have loose stools. I immediately feel better and then I'm okay the rest of the day. I've been eating Special K Plus Protein with a small amount of skim milk. So maybe it's the milk. So today I have one scrambled egg with a tiny bit of cheese and salsa and a handful of almonds. Again...raging stomach ache...went to the bathroom...immediately felt better.

Any ideas?

facethemusic
on 5/24/11 11:32 am
My pouch doesn't do food very well first thing in the morning.   How much sugar is in the cereal?  Carbs and sugar make me dump so there is no way I could handle the cereal.  Do you have issues with milk at all? 

I have a protein shake first thing in the morning.  If I eat I get sick.  After a few hours of being up and giving my pouch a chance to wake up I can eat. 
Stacy4442
on 5/24/11 11:40 am
I don't do breakfast very well, either.  I have tried various things and sadly for my caloric intake, the thing that is best on my pouch is whole wheat toast with PB & J.  Sometimes I can do cottage cheese but usually not.  I understand that this is a common problem.  My NP said that it may help if I get up and have a glass of water before eating (30 minutes before, of course)  I am lucky that I don't have to leave for wor****il 10:30.  

curvaceousdiva
on 5/24/11 12:06 pm - Hyattsville, MD
my tummy hasnt been a morning person since surgery. I usually do a cheesestick or mush food with water SLOWLY every morning...
But the other side of that is that I eat the most at night with my biggest meal around 11ish right before bed...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Michelle E.
on 5/24/11 12:37 pm
I normally do a liquid for breakfast
AddisynsMommy
on 5/24/11 12:41 pm - FL
 I am the same way I cant eat anything til about 11-12! If i try i am so sick to my stomach ugh! the pouchy doesn't like food for a few hours after waking up. some mornings even water bothers it
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views