Slow weight loss:(

Tessmama_of4
on 5/25/11 8:45 am
I have been doing everything the way I am suppose to following directions just the way they told me. I went for my four week post op appointment and I had only lost 3 lbs. I was upset and they told me with PCOS that it is harder at first to trick your system but I will still lose. Have any of you had this problem?? Is it true the weight loss will pick up?? I am eating very little carbs they helped me with a menu where I am going more towards the veggies instead of carbs even though I was doing the right thing. Please let me know since PCOS is very common in overweight women. Thanks
maggiet
on 5/25/11 9:14 am - Durham, NC
dumb question #385: what is PCOS?

Tessmama_of4
on 5/25/11 9:28 am
Poly Cystic ovarian syndrom. I am not sure if I spelled it right or not:)
TNBrad526
on 5/25/11 9:54 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
I also have PCOS and I feel that my weight loss is progressing very slowly as well in comparison to others.  I lost weight the first two weeks after surgery but stalled for three weeks without any weight loss.  It slowly began to pick up again but now at 10 weeks out it has began to slow down again.  I have loss 40lbs in 10 weeks but it has been inconsistent weight loss.  I am happy with the surgery and have no regrets at all.  Don't worry it will get better and it will pick up.  Just do not compare yourself to other people, focus on getting your protein and water.  Follow your surgeon's plan and everything will work itself out.  Stay positive and know that you are not alone.  We all go through this at some point.
Tessmama_of4
on 5/25/11 10:44 am
Thanks so much!! I am not going to and as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction I will be fine. The slower the better they say:)
dbyarbro
on 5/25/11 11:14 am - Cypress, CA
I don't know if you can see my tracker, but I was a very slow loser.  In the beginning it was really hard, but before I knew it I was at 100 pounds lost.  I am not a sufferer of PCOS, but just one of those that didnt lose 100 in 3 months.  Hang in there...
Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

bankgirl
on 5/25/11 11:19 am
I'm a slow loser too but I count every single pound as a victory. I've worked hard to get each and every one of them off of me and I'm determined to keep losing. I've never heard that PCOS can be an issue causing slower weight loss, perhaps that's part of my issue too. Keep following your program's plan and the weight will keep coming off!

Tessmama_of4
on 5/25/11 10:26 pm
Thanks everyone!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views