Post op and birth control

mrstuttle09
on 5/25/11 1:27 pm - MA
 oh my i am in the same boat as you. and not until today that i am reading this post that i find out that after surgery that my pill wont work. what? i just got then last week and i have never taken any birth control but i need them to regulate my periods. also my husband and i would love to have children as soon as possible. i am supposed to start them i think on sunday and i am due to have my surgery on june 6. what is a girl to do?
vabtrfly
on 5/25/11 1:30 pm - Durham, NC
This is interesting, because I was originally put on birth control pills to regulate my cycle.  Now since the surgery, I've been on my cycle for 3 1/2 weeks; I guess I'm not absorbing it.  How can we get out insurance to pay for us to take 2 pills a day?
Danielle B.
on 5/26/11 4:51 am
I had a Mirena IUD placed back in February and I have had no problems with it, it has really helped with my anemia because I hardly get a period now, just light spotting.

TxSuz
on 5/27/11 12:19 am
 I had depo right after surgery. I got the shot on 3/7. As of this week I have bled or spotted every day. It's just not for me. I wasnt able to get the IUD until 3 weeks ago. I had it before, had it in for 5 years! After I took it out ( after I got married) was pregnant w/i 4 months! I love it. Best part was I didnt have a period for 5 years. It is the only bc that does not make me bleed or become hormonal. Love it Love it..
 -Suzanne

Laura in Texas
on 5/27/11 1:05 am
I was on the depo shots for about a year.  I did not gain any weight, but the hormones made me feel CRAZY!!  My doctor did not want me on any hormones because of my age (42 at that time) but he gave me a year to try to decide if I ever wanted to get pregnant (which was no, but I wasn't ready to decide then).  And then I started dating my college love and he is FIXED so all is good now!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views