3 months post op and heartburn

DComstock2010
on 5/26/11 6:49 am - CA

I am a little over three months post op and I have heartburn right now. When I ate for lunch (grilled shrimp and scallops with 1 small piece of grilled zuccini) I put too much hot sauce on it but had to eat it because I had nothing else. Now I have heart burn. I take prilosec (or however you spell it) daily still. Is this normal? Could this be a sign of an ulcer? Or am I just freaking out over nothing?

RNY- 2/18/2011

Lucycat
on 5/26/11 7:01 am - Lewiston, ID
You're probably freaking out over nothing.  Is your prilosec over the counter.  Did you have acid reflux prior to surgery.  I take a prescription omeprezal (SP?) and no long have acid reflux.  Now you know to stay away from the hot sauce, lesson learned, it's going to be okay.

Sue

ahmerzrealm
on 5/26/11 7:05 am - Naperville, IL
If your heartburn is situational only i.e only because of the hot sauce you ate then you are fine with prilosec. Just having one instance of hot sauce should not cause an ulcer.

You will develop an ulcer if you have heartburn on a persistent basis or if its not controlled by meds like prilosec.

Typically just one instance of eating a spicy food as one time deal is not enough to cause an ulcer.

DComstock2010
on 5/26/11 7:19 am - CA
I eat hot sauce on almost everything but this is the first time I over did it. Since surgery I have had heartburn 2 times since surgery. I did have heartburn on a regular basis pre op though.
RNY- 2/18/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics