Making a list of "2 haves after oper". Got from my surg's list,OH and youtube rny...

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/30/11 8:57 am, edited 5/29/11 11:40 pm

of coarse sf......

crystal light pure
tylenol rapid burst liquid
biotin(maybe)
1/2 cup storage containers
ice trays(frozen milk or decaf coffee for a cold shake)
calcium
vitamin-d
iron
organic teas
centrium
soup strainer
torani liquids
water
one a day vits
almond milk
low sodium cream of wheat..has 7 grams protein
tomato soup
proetin drinks
jello
no cook pudding
antacid
gas strips
chicken broth and other broths
food scale
journal
baby spoon
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
what's not needed or did I leave off?
by the way, this is costly!

Dee2011
on 5/30/11 9:09 am - PA
I'd leave off the baby spoons.  I bought some, what a waste of money.  Tried using them twice and went back to regular spoons.
Ladytazz
on 5/30/11 9:22 am
 A good blender.  I have the Magic Bullet, the Ninja, a Hamilton Beach portable blender and a regular one.  I use all of them but the one I use the most is the Hamilton Beach.  It is convenient and really is good with ice.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

lori B.
on 5/30/11 9:24 am
I like having an isulated mug for cold drinks (because we have to sip)   I did use my baby spoons.     SF jello cups.      An unflavored protein to boost soups, cottage cheese, I like bene-protein.  Small food processor, blender, bullet.         A thermal lunch tote with blue ice for when you are out and about.
DisneyLover
on 5/30/11 10:03 am - WI
I second the no need for baby spoons.  And I don't think the dixie cups are needed either.  I just used my measuring cups.
I purchased noting except for a mini chopper for pureed foods and even that I didn't use it that much.
And I came home with liquid prescription pain meds, so the tylenol is most likely a no need also.

Sarah

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/30/11 10:09 am
Thanks for your input everyone!
yes, i did see the hamilton beach single serve blender. I have the ninja and it came with a smaller piece to chop salads and etc. My children and I use the ninja for smoothies all the time. I love that thing.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

shirleyfhoffman
on 5/30/11 10:24 am - CA
I used adult liquid tylenol because they gave me liquid lortab and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I only took the Lortab at night so I could sleep better. My Hospital sent me home with a stack of plastic little 2oz medicine cups, so I didn't need to use the dixie cups. But you could probably to to a taco johns and ask them for a stack of nacho cheese cups with lids. i think they are 2oz and you can probably get them for free. 

I would get a body pillow for when you get home and are trying to sleep comfortably.  I like your ideas about the jellos, puddings, teas, etc. I would get generic brands to save on money. you probably won't want something again for awhile after you've had it the first time. I know that i'll have some soup or pudding and I'll save the rest, but I won't want it again and sometimes it'll go bad before I get to it again.

I was told to get a word search and to find 3-4 words between bites to make sure I was eating slowly.

If you freeze things in your ice cube trays, don't leave it in the tray. wait for it to freeze and then put it in plastic freezer bags so it doesn't get freezer burned.

SF popsicles were the best! When I was sick of water, they were there to help me get my fluids in.

hope this helps! Good luck!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/30/11 11:18 am, edited 5/29/11 11:27 pm
thanks. I can make plenty and keep them in the freezer bag. i found name brand sugar free pops in the dollar store. tried one a few minutes ago and it was good.

I like to purchase items so that I don't have run back and forth to the store. getting to hot for that now anyway. we hit 99 today with humidity.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

Bettisima
on 5/30/11 11:05 am
I don't think you need a scale. The portion sizes on the plan are typically fluid ounces and not a weight measurement. A good set of measuring cups and measuring spoons should do you well.

I ordered a lot of different protein samples, so I could try them after surgery in case there were kinds I couldn't stomach. I have done really well with then Nectar drinks.

My opinion, don't get to much of any one think. You are taking in such small amounts and after two weeks, you will really like the idea of getting out and going to the store.

My favorite purchase, was a 5 ounce measuring glass. My first day home, on the hour I would fill it with water. I knew if I got it all down in the hour, I was on track to meet my fluid requirements to stay hydrated. By day 3 I was filling a 30 ounce bottle and working my way through at least 2 a day. I now use the measuring glass for my protein. I have been very lucky, I have had no issues getting in my fluids.
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/30/11 11:30 am

will do. Ikea has some really cheap kitchen products. I caught the 4oz ramika's on sale for 50 cent each last week.