Post-Op Pantry....

princessfrogee
on 5/30/11 1:18 am - AL
We have the save same surgery date!!

Other than what has already been mentioned, I have taken my broth and using ice cube trays, have been freezing the broth in cubes.  Each ice cube is approx. 1 oz and I figure that in the beginning I can only get one to two cubes per hour.  I figured this is the best way to not only measure how much I take in, but also figure from other posts, that if I am going to be pretty sore, that is less I have to prep for.  I (or my kids) can just go into the ziplock back and pull out one at a time.  I am doing several flavors and putting those in seperate ziplocks.  I am also going to do the same w/crystal lite (mainly to save money on buying SF popcicles), some of my protein shakes, SF yogurt and some SF pudding.  I have heard people talk of having sore throat after surgery and the cold foods helped. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
alumtube
on 5/30/11 1:52 am - KY
I had my lap rny on 5/23 and things I tolerate well are ProtiDiet Hot Choc, Unjury Chicken Soup, ProtiDiet Juice Concentrate in orange and grape. I really like to Atkins Protein shakes. The dreamy chocolate- such a treat.  

I tried soft foods yesterday, heads up...start out slowly. I jumped in being all adventurous. My pouch vetoed, strongly!

Good luck! 

Stephanie_Lynn
on 6/4/11 1:28 pm
Thanks Everyone for all your help.
It is very much appreciated.