As of today....

Kristi D.
on 6/4/11 1:17 am - Buffalo, NY
I have lost 50lbs in the (almost) 4 months since my surgery.  I am starting to get compliments at work and people looking at me saying "have you lost weight?".  I am 6 lbs shy of "Onederland".  I think my loss is sort of slow compared to other RNYers, but I am pretty happy with it all in all.  I am coming off of a 3 1/2 week stall and dropped 5 lbs this week!!  With a 21 lbs loss preop I am 71 lbs lighter than I was before Thanksgiving last year.  I still can't believe it!!!!  

My only "complaint" of sorts is that I cannot really see the weight loss on myself.  Everyone tells me they can totally see it and I look good, but when I look in the mirror I still see the same image.  I guess that's part of the "head stuff", huh?  I think I am going to try taking some pictures and comparing to the ones I took the night before my surgery.  Hopefully I can see the difference there.   :) 

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Jenny_D
on 6/4/11 1:30 am - Canton, GA
50 pounds in 4 months is fantastic! I started at the same surgery weight as you and I hope to have the same success! Keep up the great work!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Kristi D.
on 6/4/11 8:35 am - Buffalo, NY
Thanks Jenny!!!  Congrats on starting your new life!!!!  I hope you are recovering well.  I am sure you will do great. 

Kristi

jazzysonly1
on 6/4/11 3:00 am - TX
Hey Kristi,

I was wondering how you were doing...remember we had our surgery on the same day!  It appears we are both dealing with the same issues.  I have lost 49 pounds in 4 months.  I sometimes feel like I'm a bit slower than others, but on most days I'm ecstatic because I've never been able to lose that much in 4 months before!  It seems that my body begins to stall every few weeks.  Like I will lose between 3 to 5 pounds for two weeks straight, then the next two weeks I may lose anywhere from a 1/2 pound to nothing for two weeks.  As long as I lose something, and don't gain, I'm usually happy.

I totally feel you on the not being able to see it.  I can't see mine either, but I trust what the scale says and the coolest part by far is that I can tell in my clothes.  I'm fishing stuff out of my closet that I haven't worn in years!  Before surgery I was in 22's and 24's.  Now I bounce between 16's and 18's and most of the 18's are getting big in the waistline.

Anyhow, just wanted you to know that you aren't alone!!!

High-271/Starting-263/Current-173.5

Kristi D.
on 6/4/11 8:33 am - Buffalo, NY
Hi.  I am doing very well.  I must say I feel better than I have felt in a long time.  I am definately wearing smaller sizes, mostly "cast offs" from my sister who is a non-op but recently lost a bunch of weight.  I also get frustrated with the pace of my loss sometimes, but like you mentioned, I'm definately not gaining so that is something.  This  last stall felt really long and started to get frustrating but I am happy to be losing again.  

I didn't plan to "celebrate" until I got under 200, but for some reason the 50lb mark gave me a realization about how far I have come in the last 4 months.  :)

Congrats on your success as well.  It is nice to hear of someone losing at the same pace as me.  I guess we are "normal" after all.  We have a lot of losing left!!!!!!  

Kristi