Will the changes in my body affect my usual hair permanent?

Sandra K.
on 6/3/11 4:41 am
I desperately need a new perm, but am hesitant because I don't know if the after-surgery changes will affect how my hair reacts to the permanent solution. I'd appreciate any input on the subject.
psx chelly
on 6/3/11 4:51 am, edited 6/3/11 4:57 am

3rd week after surgery, I got a perm.  Nothing happened to me health wise.  I will get another perm 2nd week of june.

however, that being said, eveyones hair and body chemisty is different.

oh PS: RE Hair.
i will tell you what I told someone else.  When I was *not getting the proper amount of protein and taking properly formulated bariatric vitamins, my hair fell out in large masses (it didnt fall out because of the perm, just the typical hair loss due to WLS).  I was only taking a store bought multivtamin.

When I began to take proper bariatric vitamins (i take Celebrate Bariatric Multivitamins) and drink the proper amount of protein, my hair nearly stopped falling out.  its very very minimal now.

Carol M.
on 6/3/11 6:49 am - TX
I started taking all my vitamins, minerals and Oceanic Silica (for hair loss) long before I had my surgery in Feb. 2011.  3 weeks ago my hair started falling out.  So all my efforts to prevent it were for naught. I have a lot of hair and it isn't really noticeable to anyone except me and my stylist.  But it is frustrating. My only consolation is that it will stop someday.  As for perms and color, it can stress the scalp and add to the problem. Doesn't happen to everybody everytmie. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Carol , East Texas
AddisynsMommy
on 6/3/11 9:58 am - FL
 I am a hair stylist and after surgery there is ALWAYS a chance that the perm or color or any kind chemical treatment to the hair wont last or will not develop properly. This doe not happen to everyone but be honest with ur stylist and let them know so they take extra time to make sure it processes to where it should be. I just went and had my hair done and it took a lil longer than normal i believe the anesthia *sp* messed with it some. lol good luck and make sure to let her or him know you did have surgery!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views