pleasssse kick me into gear

sexynblessed
on 6/3/11 3:31 pm - Tacoma, WA
 i need to get into gear getting all my protein in i am not doing good at all, i never drink my shakes i feel like all my positive support is gone and now i'm in a rut of not caring i know this is not good but can't seem to find my motivation anywhere please help i feel like i have lost 83 pounds and no more is going to come off i'm 8mo out and discouraged :( 

TrueNorthFriend
on 6/3/11 6:32 pm - Canada
Sending encouragement!  This too shall pass.  If you're not drinking shakes, have you looked at other ways to get in the protein that you need?  What happened to your positive support?  Why is it gone?  Is this an every day state of affairs, or just having a bad day? 

You will lose more weight ... still very important to have the best possible nutrition though...  you're worth it, right?
seattledeb
on 6/3/11 8:39 pm
Maybe remembering why you had surgery may help. Maybe logging your food for a day may help. Maybe getting some counseling may help. Maybe posting everyday here will help. Find one thing..and do that thing today.
Take care,
Deb T.

Melissalove3
on 6/3/11 10:27 pm - Portland, OR

I agree with the above post. Start tracking EVERYTHING, also call your surgeons office and tell them you need to talk to someone. I think it will help you get back on track!! Chin up girl and fight through this time you are having.

ahmerzrealm
on 6/3/11 11:00 pm - Naperville, IL
Look my friend ... we all fall of the bandwagon here ahd there but that doesnt you remain fallen .
We fall and then we get up !!   Thats what you have to do. Simply get up, learn from your experience and most on.

I know that you will lost more than 83 pounds. That because your are going to get back on the bandwagon !! :) 

Dont jumpstart everything at once as that will be difficult...I wil use the example of protein shakes. Drink one a day for a couple of days and two shakes for a couple of days and so on. Ease into your routine.

I dont know what you do for exercise, but start of at 15 mins a day. You will see an accleration in your weight loss. In about 2 months or so you will be doing 60 mins or more and 

I sense that a lot of what you are experiencing is due to some hidden emotions.  I think going to a psychologist will help you uncover the root cause. It would be best to get a recommendation on which psychologist to see . You want one that is experienced in dealing with weight loss pateints.

Are you a reader ? If so I have 2  fantastic books i can recommend. One is a book that target emotiona eating and the other is about a set of principles every WLS should follow for long term success.

Wishmeluck123
on 6/3/11 11:32 pm
Do not get discouraged. You have done wonderful. Keep making smart choices.....choose to stick with the plan for you and only you.....Good luck! You can do it! All you can do is try...............
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

siberiancat
on 6/4/11 2:31 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
It comes down to CHOICE.  You don't have to have "cheerleaders" to do the right thing.

You can take personal responsibility and be accountable.

I don't know anyone who has had weight loss surgery in my community.  I do attend a support group once a month, but they all live further away.

OH is my daily support group.  I keep a daily food log - count my protein grams, carb grams, oz of fluids and calories daily.

I carry my lunch, only bring healthy nutritious foods into the house.  I didn't hit goal until I was 23 months post op.  I'm recovering now from extended tummy tuck and arm lift.

I can do this.  Everything I "do" comes from the "thoughts' that proceeded the action.  I make myself accountable.  You can too.,  You can do this.  I CHOOSE to eat nutrition rich and calorie poor.

I want food to nourish, give me energy (and right now - recuperate from major surgery).

You only have to make one right choice at a time.  Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics