Financing Weight Loss Surgery

cdarragh
on 6/6/11 6:02 am - Abilene, TX
I was just wondering if there was anybody out there in the Dallas, Tx area that has gone to 'Bariactric Solutions' to have gastric bypass and been able to finance the surgery?? I don't have insurance so financing it would be my only option. Also, any help on where would be the best place to get the loan from would be great!
twooten
on 6/6/11 6:23 am - Loveland, CO
 Here is a link that you can try. my WLS center told me about them before they got the word that the insurance was covering my surgery 
http://www.carecredit.com/
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
Laura A.
on 6/6/11 7:03 am - Manteca, CA
You may not want to hear this....but it is the Suze Orman in me talking....

Don't have surgery on credit.  Save up money or get a second job and ear-mark that money to pay for surgery.  It'll be such a great feeling to be recovering and losing weight knowing you did it yourself  and you already  "own" it, instead of having to pay back what you borrowed.

Just me (and Suze) talking.....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Sara B.
on 6/6/11 9:54 am - Edenton, NC
I am with Laura. Save your money and then pay. If you don't have insurance you don't get that HUGE discount they do. I had surgery on 5/4/11 and my bill came in two weeks later for $67,000 from the hospital. Once my Explination of Benefits came from Insurance company it showed that insurance got over a $40,000 discount. Can you believe that??? It's VERY true. So if you get a loan that loan company is going to pay that bill and not get a discount. If you had cash money I am about 99% sure you can "negotiate" that bill and get a hefty discount for paying in cash and paying in full!!! Just my advice (as well as some Dave Ramsey in there) I am fortuante to only owe $3.000 on my surgery but we are working at becoming debt free and I don't want that bill hanging over my head.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views