My scar has dry skin

Mary V.
on 6/6/11 5:37 am
RNY on 04/26/11 with
Hi everyone,

I hope this isn't too freaky. I am having trouble keeping my hands off my scar to remove the flakes of dry skin. I was wondering if anyone had any tricks or techniqes I can try. I see my therapist Thursday and am definately brining it up. I feel shame and embarrassment when I do it. Its almost like I can't help myself. I do keep it clean. I know it is taking longer then usual to heal. It still has a small open spot covered by scab (which I really want to get after!) that has been there since I came home. It's not because I did it. I seem to be delaying the healing. It upsets me so I know I want to stop it.

Thanks,

Mary~
Laugh out loud...it does a body good   
Pholaris
on 6/6/11 5:40 am
Try Liquid Vitamin E, it's oily, and you just dab it on your scar, it helps with the healing and it keeps it from drying into flakes. :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
lorilea
on 6/6/11 8:45 am - MN
I would ask your doctors office.  I used a generic anti itch cream from walgreens and that worked and I only needed for a few days.
megganholzer
on 6/6/11 9:59 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil with Vitamin E and it is fantastic!!  It smells great and makes your skin feel wonderful and gets rid of the dry skin on and around your incisions.  And, the best part is that even though it is oil, it doesn't leave your hands oily feeling.  I put it on at night and after I shower in the morning and I love it!
Most Active
Recent Topics