Juicing?

remims
on 6/6/11 6:08 am - UT
Is there any benefit to vegetable juicing, ala Juiceman Juicer, for post-RNY, three years out?
Lori P.
on 6/6/11 12:54 pm, edited 6/6/11 12:55 pm - Kenosha, WI
I suppose it would depend on what you are putting in the mix.  I would imagine that the protein load would be low...and depending on what you add to the mix, there is the potential for lots of carbs/calories with little protein benefit,  

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

MoLawEd
on 6/7/11 1:25 am - Cambridge, MA
I'm not three years out yet, but I don't foresee myself trying the juice thing. I feel like that's something that's more for people with normal digestive tracts.  Same reason I wouldn't do the Master Cleanse but will do 2-week protein drink "fasts" as my own "purification" effort.

I guess one benefit would be that because it's easier to digest juices than whole veggies, you would get more nutritional benefit from the juice than from whole vegetables. But we still have to take supplements anyway, so I'm not sure the benefits are worth the effort given our shorter digestive tracts and usual carb issues.

I'm welcome to being wrong though, if anyone has conflicting information!

Having RNY was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Approx highest weight: ~350. Highest measured weight: 338. Surgery weight: 297. Lowest weight (for 5 minutes): 169. Current weight: 209. Goal weight: ??? - maybe 180-185, which was my maintenance weight before the regain.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 399 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 279 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 325 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 103 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?