2 Months Post Op- The reward is so worth it!

dreamerkb
on 6/6/11 12:15 pm
Down 54 pounds at 2 months post op.  Doc says I'm doing great.  I can honestly say the first month was hard, more difficult than I ever imagined. Each day gets better. This new way of eating and  thinking is settling in.  I'm so happy I had RNY!!!  If you are recent post op and feeling scared, confused,sick, and wondering what the heck you did to yourself,  just hang in there...the reward is so worth it.

katiecnm
on 6/6/11 12:58 pm - Goshen, IN
I had my RNY exactly a month after you had yours. Can't believe it's only a month. Had some bumps in the beginning, but I'm feeling great, too. And like you, I'm happy I did it.

Thanks for the encouragement! And keep up the good work.

Kate

Christine428
on 6/6/11 1:13 pm, edited 6/6/11 1:14 am
Two months here for me too, well almost (wed.) I can hardly believe it's 2 months already. The first month was harder than I thought it would be but you're right it gets better every day. I'm so glad I had my RNY! I wish I'd done it sooner. I feel so much better already and this is just the beginning (almost).

BugdocMom
on 6/6/11 1:14 pm - CA
I'm not quite a week out and still struggling to walk and sip, so your post is very timely. Thanks for the encouragement. And congrats on the good work!!
Sasrah1972
on 6/6/11 1:36 pm - NY
Can't wait to be you. I am 3 weeks out and it does get easier every day. I need to find some time to start walking more, and I will admit it is feeling good. I am 25 lbs down and my knees don't hurt as much, and i can walk up hill better than before.
You paint a great picture...can't wait to be there!
Keep feeling GOOD!
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

wife2denizmoi
on 6/6/11 3:04 pm
OK....I'm up tomorrow, so I have to ask...what made the first month so hard? Was it the lack of eating comfort food? Pain? General discomfort? I had band surgery 2 years ago and there was minimal pain and I wasn't very hungry, so I am just wondering how different this will be.

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 6/7/11 12:55 am - Trinity, AL

I am 4 weeks out and to me it hasn't been to bad. Yes I was sore, and I the gas is miserable at first..but walk walk walk to get rid of it.  I am starting to eat real food and its a lil tricky but I jst take it slow, but u prob already know how to do that.  The toughest part was wishing I cld eat w my family rather than eating my jello..lol!!But I knew that wld pass.  But truly it was not bad for me at all!!Also trying to get in all protein and fluids cld have been frustrating but I jst did my best and didnt stress over it:) Good luck..it will b so worth it!!

dreamerkb
on 6/10/11 11:16 am
Hope you are doing well. You will be fine. This is a start to feeling great, physically and emotionally.
  For me the first 2 weeks were very tough. I was sick, depressed, and wondering why my family let me do this to myself. I thought I could easily just lie there and waste away as I  felt so weak.  I quickly got better although I felt weak and very cold for the first month. The pain really was not an issue for me after the first few four days.  The mental part of the surgery was what was really getting me. I had to learn to be suddenly without my best friend, food. I think I actually mourned loosing my old way of eating. I was also very resentful of having all the rules. I was well prepared for the surgery, or so I thought. The mind can be a tricky thing... BUT, I conquered the mental stuff within the first month, kept getting stronger in the second month, and now I feel like a new person.  Two short months and I feel better and happier than any time in my life.  I have been heavy since childhood and now I get a chance at a whole new world! 
wife2denizmoi
on 6/10/11 11:47 am
Hi! Thank you, doing well....the worst pain that i have right now is from the IV that was in my hand. My hand and arm are a little swollen, but nothing else is really bothering me. Just drinking lots of fluids and walking....walking....walking.

The hardest part was coming home and seeing all the foods I like around the house, but I quickly told everyone to put it all away and keep it out of my line of sight for a few weeks. They did so and its not been that bad since. 

I am off my insulin pump more and more as the days go bye, so we'll see what happens there.  Thanks for sharing with me!

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

Most Active
Recent Topics