Surgery Tuesday - Last Two Days of Liquid Diet & Isopure Deal

Ithocles
on 6/12/11 7:24 am
I made it through the liquid diet with much more grace than I guessed.  There are times, albeit brief, that were real tough but for the most part it really hasn't been too bad.  I looked at it as a test of how well prepared I am for my new life, and I made a 100%!  Well, as long as I do well tonight and tomorrow.  Tomorrow is all clearl liquids and I'm really looking forward to broth.  I think I could have had it the last two weeks, but it wasn't on my list so I didn't want to have any.

I was out buying stuff to prepare for after surgery, and found Isopure marked down at GNC for $1.25 per bottle!  The regular priced were $4.99.  I posted a week or so ago asking for ideas of where to buy Isopure and received some great advice.  Before I buy in bulk, I wanted to try a few different types indivdually.  I tried the grape and really like it, but the dry mouth feeling is weird.

Anyway, I'm so excited.  My pre-op appointment is at 12:30 a.m. tomorrow.  I'm so ready.

-Danny

griggs.griggs
on 6/12/11 7:38 am - FL
Don't buy to much of anything before surgery because after surgery your teast will change, I was told that and I did it anyway and things had changed so I had stuff that I couldn't or wouldn't drink.
You sound like me before surgery I know if I could do the liquid diet then I was ready for my surgery, whihc was 12/20/10 right before Christmas, that was HELL, but I did it and you have too! Good luck!
Alicia
Lisa R.
on 6/12/11 8:06 am - CA
 WOW!  I love the energy of the pre ops, right before surgery.  It reminds me of my own journey that only started 6 weeks ago when I had mine.  It is a roller coaster ride, let me tell you, but so worth it all in the end (i'm assuming the end because I am not even near the end but I am really happy now).

Be careful how much of anything you buy because what you like pre op will change post op.  I HATE HATE HATE protein supplements, I have tried pretty much all of them.  I am to the point where I gag when I drink them, but I do it.  It is the worst part of the journey for me.  I have to adjust my attitude and tell myself that I like it.  When people tell me "oh I love my protein shakes I look forward to them" I get so totally jealous!  Why don't I!!!???!!!

Sorry, I went off on a vent there.  Good luck with your surgery!  Yay for you!

therealleigh
on 6/12/11 8:43 am - Matthews, NC
My surgery is Tuesday also. I agree about making it through the liquid diet. Although i feel like the last two days were the longest ever. Hopefully tomorrow will not feel that way. Good luck with your surgery.
Kahwren
on 6/13/11 12:50 am - MI
 Wow! Sounds like a lot of peeps are having surgery on the 14th! Including me. I wish you the best and look forward to sharing our mile stones as we progress. See ya on the loser's bench! Kahwren