weird food experiences this weekend

Carrie W.
on 6/13/11 3:35 pm - KY
I tried my mom's vinegar chicken recipe this weekend.  BAD IDEA!  I did okay the first time I ate it.  I was a little uncomfortable but I ate it only about 3 hours after my last meal.  I thought I just ate too soon.  Then Sunday when I had the left overs, holy crap my pouch was on FIRE!  I drank a cup of milk to wash that crap down!  This is the only time I've felt anything but a vague pressure from my pouch!  Then a couple hours later the diarrhea showed up.  Whew, not just my head got cleared from the vinegar! 

Then today I had some cherries as a post protein shake breakfast addition.  That was also a BAD IDEA.  I think I dumped.  My heart was racing, I got all sweaty and shaky then crashed for a couple hours.  It was bad.  

I have thoroughly abused myself.  Tomorrow I'm going to have tuna.  I know that doesn't bother me.  *sigh*  So much for fruit, huh? 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

seattledeb
on 6/13/11 4:44 pm

I found that chicken is a one time food. I can't do leftover chicken.
Cherries are pretty high in sugar. I can eat them but there is definitely a limit.
You will have fruit in your future.
Deb T.

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 8:01 pm
I still have issues with fruit - a couple of strawberries are ok but 1/4-1/2 cup and I feel awful.  Grapes do the same thng to me. 
Margo2011
on 6/13/11 9:56 pm - PA
I am about 6 going on 7 weeks out. I find I can eat  1/2 banana with a cup of soy milk and 1 scoop  of unjury unflavored or vanilla flavored protein. some times I add a half cup of Greek yogurt to it as well.  Throw it all in a blender and makes a nice shake enough for me and my hubby!

I also do 1/2 cup frozen pitted cherries, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup soy milk and either chocolate unjury or unflavored or vanilla. any work well and you end up with a frozen cherry shake. yum!  Its the only way I can do fruit and it doesn't bother me at all. 

I can't eat chicken yet unless its pureed, 
Eggs - scam bled, hard boil or poached just can't do it yet.

I think I've just come to the conclusion I'll be OK with it when my pouch is.

Hope the shakes help with the fruit.
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 11:32 pm - TX
I am just now able to eat strawberries, watermelon, and blueberries, at 14 weeks. It will come.

I don't know that I have dumped before but I have had that nasty, heart racing, ugh feeling for a bit and wanted to sleep.
Most Active
Recent Topics