Side Effect of Surgery

OceanBluzs
on 6/16/11 11:53 pm - LA
I am a bit over 7 weeks post op and the biggest side effect I've found is the increase in energy level and stamina I feel. I haven't had this much energy and stamina in 10 years. I travel almost weekly for work and can now buzz throught he Airport in Atlanta landing at the end of one terminal ... brisk walk to the end of a 2nd terminal without stopping or taking the tram between terminals. 3 months ago I would have to stop, catch my breath, rest my knee.. there was no way I could of made that walk. I am also up at 6am most mornings and don't wake up feeling tired ... this change is amazing. I have also started riding my bike (which I bought years ago and has sat in the garage)... before I'd make it maybe around the block... now I'm up to 3 miles..

I do have to say I have not seen a weight loss in several weeks (but understand this is normal ... from what I've read). Also occassionally struggle with adding new foods. My pouch is a bit tempremental to stuff like chicken and eggs but likes ground turkey, shrrimp, crab, cold cuts and cheeses. I can live with that.

Today is a great day.

Carolyn

poet_kelly
on 6/16/11 11:59 pm - OH
That's amazing how much energy you have.  Good for you.

Glad you're not stressing out about the stall.  It's absolutely normal and you absolutely will continue losing weight, it just happens when it happens and is different for all of us.

If your pouch doesn't seem happy with a new food, the best thing to do is wait a few weeks, then try again.  Eventually many of us can eat just about anything, but if your pouch still doesn't like something after you've waited and tried several times, that particular food may just be a no-go for you.  Unfortunately, that happens sometimes.  Mine never did decide to like cereal with milk (although I guess that's OK 'cause it's not like I need a bowl of carbs for breakfast anyway - I sure did like cereal before, though).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SavedByGrace
on 6/17/11 2:50 am
I have the same side effect!!  I used to be able to sleep late, and just be a couch potato, but now, I'm wide awake at 6 AM every morning, and I can't seem to sit still for very long.  Gottamget up & move!!!  Isn't it great! 
  RNY 05/25/11    HW 256    SW 235    CW 221.6    GW 140

whatachief
on 6/17/11 3:08 am
Have some carbs! That will slow you down and make you sleep!
haha - OKAY I AM JOKING... do not do carbs lol

immafatgirl
on 6/17/11 4:24 am - KY
i hope you continue this route. i can tell you are very happy about that .. anybody would be . im happy for you ... has to feel sooo good..
Most Active
Recent Topics