Suggestions Please

jmelyn1977
on 6/27/11 12:07 am
Good morning,
I am looking for a good protein bar to snack on... I pretty much only shop at Walmart. (I live in a very small town)  So I have very limited options.  But I would like something high in protein and low in carbs.
Thanks for any feedback you can give me! 
Have a great Monday!!!
Jamie

azurepenguin
on 6/27/11 12:24 am - Arlington, TX
 Jamie,

If your options are 'limited' in my very humble opinion, its probably best you make your own.  Lots of people will likely respond with suggestions and that's not to say they aren't good...but packeged protein bars are sort of glorified candy bars.  Way expensive and even the best have just as many carbs as protein.

If you are interested I can shoot you a couple of recipes.  Good luck.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

laura_vermont
on 6/27/11 12:32 am
I feel your pain..... personally, I don't care for the ones available at my local walmart.  I order from amazon.com and combine to get the free shipping.  My favorite is Power Crunch Peanut Butter Creme.  They are light & crunchy -- I don't go for the heavy chewy things. 

Yes, they are a bit like a candy bar..... but I only have 1 a day... for breakfast.  I really enjoy my protein bars.

If you're going to stick with walmart.... I would just read labels & buy individual bars until I found one that I liked. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

SweetGatorGirl
on 6/27/11 12:43 am - Gainesville, FL
My favorite are Supreme Protein in the orange wrapper.  They are available from walmart.  I also like the Pure Protein bars, as well.
HW 252/SW 243/GW 135/CW 146                

lynnc99
on 6/27/11 1:29 am
I'd recommend Pure Protein bars.

Under 200 calories
Under 5 gm sugar
High protein content of 17-20 gm. per bar.

And available at WalMart.

Also, some of the Atkins bars are okay too. Watch for the ones with very high protein numbers - the others aren't worth your money or the calories.
jmelyn1977
on 6/27/11 2:25 am
Thanks to everyone for the responses.

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 2:47 am - Boston, MA
 I just got the pure protein bar from walmart yesterday in peanut butter flavor 20 grams of protein 200 calories, I like the flavor and consistency and it's a good alternative to the shakes!
Most Active
Recent Topics