Boy do I have questions

nkara
on 6/27/11 10:44 am
 Long story short.. I had Realize Band surgery November 2009.  I've had little weight loss and many complications.  Nothing major but I can not loose weight and I have an extreme sensitivity to having fluid in the band.  As soon as I try to have fluid added I have nothing but problems.  Food get's stuck I can't eat anything etc.  

So I'm not in the process of trying to get approval for a revision to RNY.  My questions are this:

1.   I'm right at 40 BMI so if I loose any weight at this point will I not get approved? 
2.  Any complications from RNY surgery?  I know what the risk's are but would like to know how many people really suffer from them. 
3.  Anyone not have success? 

I'm very nervous I'll be stuck with this damn band and still be FAT !

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Stephanie M.
on 6/27/11 10:53 am - Los Angeles, CA
 Nkara,
I'm sorry you had that result with your Realize Band! I can imagine how frusterating that must be! This past Friday, I had Gastric Bypass. From what I know,
1. If you have any health complications due to obesity, you could lose weight and get down to a BMI of 35 and still be approved for surgery.
2. I had no complications whatsoever from surgery. I even found out that I had a hernia prior to surgery, and my surgeon just removed that as well. 
3. I haven't had long enough to see the results, but if you read over this forum, you will find that most people that have had this have had wonderful success. 
I wish you luck with this process! So far, I am already thankful and glad that I got my RNY done.
Steph
LindaW70
on 6/27/11 12:04 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
I had RNY surgery on June 8th and no complications ,, i went home from hospital after 3 days and still doing well . I had some nausia and a bit of muscle soreness early on but now it worked itself out. I was given pain meds for at home and really didn't use them for long. I lost 28 lbs so far and feel better everyday. I think the other post is correct on the insurance and BMI . My BMI was 43 and i got approved. I think i have heard it was around 35 or so .

stellasnyder1
on 6/27/11 12:41 pm - Williams, AZ

I am under 37 BMI from losing too much weight before seeing the surgeon. I was told I need 18 pounds by next week to get approved. Don't know what to do. It also depends on how tall you are. I am 5'9. Although, I do have other health related things I would think I was fine. NOPE...So check with the doctor and find out what the bottom BMI is before you get a surprise like I did. Good luck to you

Most Active
Recent Topics