nausea starting over 3 weeks out

losing-jennifer
on 6/30/11 4:57 am
I'm almost 4 weeks post op and the nausea began almost a week ago.  It seems to hit me 30 - 45 minutes after I eat.  Doesn't seem to matter what I ate.  Am I eating too much or what?  I do the recommended 1/4-1/2 cup of food and I'm closer to 1/2 cup each time I eat.  I am getting my fluids in so I'm not dehydrated.

Or is this just part of the process?
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

qcshannonleigh
on 6/30/11 6:24 am - Charlotte, NC
Unfortunately I am 6 months out and get nauseous if I dont take nausea meds.  I tried phenegran and zofran and neither worked.  I now take Reglan a half hour before every meal and it works great for me.  Good luck!

archytorture32
on 6/30/11 9:56 am

Oh the nausea monster! I have been nausea since i woke up! I am 5 weeks post op some days are good some days are bad when it comes to nausea. My Dr said it is common and that it can  happen for up to 3 months post opt! I use the nausea patches they gave me when it gets really bad.  I have also notice saltines help everything! I don't know why but if I eat two saltines it will normally help a lot with nausea. 

good luck!

-S 

*~*~*~*Saltines are magical *~*~*~*~

losing-jennifer
on 6/30/11 10:01 am
So sounds like there's nothing I can do but find a good med now? I just needed to know if I was doing something wrong.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Most Active
Recent Topics