Eating Holiday Questions

TXKashmir
on 7/5/11 3:21 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I had my surgery the week of Thanksgiving - I brought my own food to my dad's and had chicken broth, SF Jello & water for my "feast" - lol! I was so happy to be on the loser's bench that I didn't miss the food. Plus, right after surgery, you don't really feel hungry, so that helps, too.

Don't worry - you're gonna be just fine!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Ron S.
on 7/5/11 3:32 am, edited 7/5/11 3:32 am
Nice. I think I will be able to do just fine. i have already started eliminating the "bad" foods that tempt me. I have switched from Full size candy bars to snack size and then only a couple a week now. I have started trying the liquids and reducing my dependence on Diet Soda/Caffeine. All those baby steps are slowly preparing me for the push to the finish.  I was drinking 10-12 sodas per day (diet) as late as March. I am down to 3 now. I view the mild headaches as a sign I am progressing, vs my last attempt at decaffeinating where I went cold turkey and ended up in the Drs office in Withdrawals.  Slow and Steady.

And I think I got my Ticker added and even figured out how to get the **** out of the words on my screen, lol.

Lots of Little Victories Help Win the Bigger Battle.

msromagnola
on 7/5/11 3:33 am
For me - early pre-op - it was easier for me to just eat at home.    Keep in mind that you won't be "giving up food" forever - eventually you can probably eat most everything.  I didn't really understand this pre-op nor immediately post-op like I understand it now.  It would have helped my feelings a lot then if I would have understood.

If you miss the holiday celebrations out  with the people, you could take your own food or eat before you go.  Also, you could bring a dish and make it something that you can eat and others would like too!

MSROMAGNOLA
Ron S.
on 7/5/11 3:47 am
So from all the posts, it appears that the biggest thing I have to change is:
Plan ahead what I am going to eat in social situations instead of just going in and hoping for something I can eat.  Looks like if I plan my meals and/or bring my own, I will have a better time and wont have to worry as much.

We went out to eat Sunday. I was looking at the menu, and my daughter wasn't. I asked her if she was hungry since she wasn't looking. She said, "Dad, I already have my meal planned, I looked it up online before we came and saved my choices to my phone." Hmm, and she isnt even trying to diet like I am.  Funny she had the answers without knowing what the question was, lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics