HUNGRY SO SOON AFTER SURGERY???

treehousestories
on 7/4/11 1:19 pm
I'm not even three weeks out and for the past few days I've felt hungry all the time like I used to feel before the surgery. I'm honestly pissed because I thought it would take months to feel hungry. My stomach actually growls and feels empty, so I think its more than head hunger. 

Did anyone feel hungry so soon after surgery? How do I handle this?! :(

unewillow
on 7/4/11 3:12 pm - CT
About a month after surgery I started to have those hungry feelings again, but for me feeling that stomach grumbling hunger is few and far between. Most days I still don't feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat every few hours. Other days, watch out, I could eat a moose (slowly and in small portions, but still...lol). Everyone is different.

Price S.
on 7/4/11 9:01 pm - Mills River, NC
Your stomach is adjusting to its new life and new being.  Yeah, you hear stuff and that makes you think you are hungry.  But really, if you are getting your water in and getting your 2 oz, 6x a day in, you won't be HUNGRY.  I worked at getting 20 oz of fluid in between each meal, 6x a day and that cured any hungry I thought I was having.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Reesheda H.
on 7/5/11 6:34 am - Jackson, MS
Are you PMS'ing.  I have noticed when I am on my TOM that I am extra hungry and a few days after it goes off my hunger level drops back down.  Well I try to increase my water and eat extra protein if I get hungry.  I still have 3-5lbs of water weight gain during this TOM and usually takes about a week after to lose the weight.