Stuck.....

jl3kg
on 7/5/11 9:50 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, now I know I shouldn't complain ..... But I am at a stall.... I am about 2 weeks away from my 6 month mark and have been stuck with 9 lbs left to lose. Did anyone else stall around this time?? How long can a stall last??? It's so frustrating... I can't stand it!!! Any advice would be awesome of how to break through it!!! I'm lost and frustrated!!! Thanks!!!

macjuicy
on 7/5/11 10:11 pm - FL
Change up your diet a little, even change your workout routine a bit, the body needs a change when its in a stall, they can happen at almost any phase of your journey. Some people are in a stall for as long as 9 weeks even more... also this is your last 9 the last few are always the hardest to lose.

Good Luck

Good idea is log your exact intake and excercise program daily show it to a personal trainer or your dietician, that way you can see if your doing anything that could use a change

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Dave Chambers
on 7/5/11 10:45 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Stalls are part of the process for most post op. Few post ops reach their "goal wt" at 6 months. It took me 24 months to lose my maximum wt.  You also have to realize that not everyone reaches their target goal wt either.  Varying exercise, changing diet, increasing protein, increase fluid intake, etc. may help. I just went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup on my pacemaker. I'v 5+ years post op now.  I began at 365 pounds. My lowest wt at 24 months post op was 186--but I felt somewhat weak at that wt (I'm 6'3" tall), and my complexion looked like I ready to be embalmbed.  .  My doctor office visit showed I weighed 205 yesterday--10 pounds less than 6 months ago. This is still a 160 pound wt loss from where I started, yet 20 pounds more than my lowest wt.  I got a limited edition Puma bike last month, and try to ride it 4-5 miles each day, during the cooler hours.  I've not changed my diet, but this little change in my daily routine, has ended up in the resulting recent wt loss.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

keepitoff91
on 7/5/11 11:08 pm

6 months!!!  That's awesome to be so close to goal.  You will get there, just be patient!

jl3kg
on 7/6/11 10:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks all for answering.....I am gonna try to switch things up tomorrow .... Food, and workouts.....maybe that will be the answer. Plus I have been eating a few more carbs, so I will try to cut them back as well.