Lower Back Pain (3 wks post op)

treehousestories
on 7/9/11 10:53 pm
I really thought all this lower back pain that I was having after surgery would be GONE by now. I think its getting worse instead. I thought it was gas, then I thought it was muscular....now I dont know! The heating pad helps. Any advice or any clue when this will stop?! 

GastricKitty
on 7/9/11 11:11 pm - VA
I'm almost 3 weeks post op and my lower back hurts a little too. I know that, for me, it's definitely because I still have to sleep on my back. It's uncomfortable for me to sleep that way. I use a heat pad and a vibrating back massager and it usually does the trick in the morning. Then I'm good all day. Also, in the beginning, I couldn't sit up straight, comfortably, so it hurt my back to not have good posture (I have always had perfect posture, my family picks on me about it sometimes, it's from years growing up doing dance and gymnastics). I have a lumbar support pillow on my chair at work and on my couch at home and it helps a LOT. 
treehousestories
on 7/10/11 12:01 pm
Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping my surgeon can shed some light on this issue when I see him on Friday. I feel good all day until around 5 or 6 pm and then I'm flat on my back on a heating pad until bedtime. :( 

kriskj
on 7/10/11 5:24 pm - Canada
I am almost 4 months post op and still have terrible back pain. i am going to ask about it on tuesday when i have my follow up appt!! Good luck i seriously hope you dont end up in the same boat as me and it leaves a whole lot sooner.
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery