Is this nausea normal?

Tammy R.
on 7/12/11 6:33 am - Covina, CA
At my 1 week appointment my doctor asked if I'd been nauseated, at the time I said no, but now I have been for the last two weeks. Not throwing up nauseated but dont really want to put anything in my stomach sort of nausea. Is this normal? I see the doctor next week and I've been stalled, sort of ashamed to go back for the 1 month visit.
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

D-J
on 7/12/11 6:43 am
everyone goes thru this at one time or another hun,we all stall it's just your bodies way of catching up with itself and we all get that nausuos feeling, and do vomit at times,,just rememeber to be kind to your pouch ,go back on liqiuds for a day to let it rest if you need to and don't ever be ashamed of going to your Doctor with anything ,,he is the one person you have thru all of this who knows exactly what to do for you,,i am 4 weeks post-op and know exactly how you feel,,
poet_kelly
on 7/12/11 6:46 am - OH
If next week is your one month visit, I doubt you've been stalled.  Have you lost anything since surgery day?  Not losing for a couple days is not a stall.  A stall is not losing for a few weeks.  Why are you ashamed to go back?

Lots of people have nausea, for lots of different reasons.  Are you getting enough fluids?  Even slight dehydration can cause nausea.  Are you eating different stuff than you were in the beginning?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tammy R.
on 7/17/11 4:59 am - Covina, CA
The first week I lost 9 lbs. Now I've lost 20 all together. I guess my stalls are for a week at a time. I am drinking as much as I can, 3-4 bottles a day.

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 7/12/11 8:24 am
It's usually from dehydration. Are you getting in at least 64 ounces of water a day? If you're out in the hot weather you'll need more. For most posties dehydration makes us not want to eat or drink when we need to do both. Check if you're getting your liquids in. If not then double up on the for a couple days and see if you don't feel better. It makes the world of difference in our physical health when we're hydrated and we dehydrate quickly. Good luck.
Jen 9  yrs post op RNY.
losing-jennifer
on 7/12/11 10:17 am
I'm dealing with nausea as well. 4 week post op appointment I brought it up with the nut and he said I could be eating too fast. We went through everything I was doing and its not because of dehydration. I am now noticing that yes if I eat too fast I fill up before I know it and I think its because of being full. Also there are a few foods out there that are making me feel that way too. I never throw up but BOY do I wish I could at times. Its not fun.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Smileygrl810
on 7/12/11 10:55 am
I was nauseous for the first 3 months. I drank all of my fluids and ate all I was supposed to but nothing helped. I was given zofran for it and it did help but the nausea didn't get better until I was at 3 months. I'm almost at 4 months now and do occasionally get a bout of nausea but nothing like the first 3 months. Nausea is the worst!!!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Tammy R.
on 7/12/11 6:46 am - Covina, CA
Thanks DJ, I was hoping for faster results. My doctor can be a little demanding at times.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?