Tail bone...

Mary V.
on 7/11/11 11:08 am
RNY on 04/26/11 with
My poor butt!

My surgeon has told me that a lot of people report tailbone pain after weight loss. I am going nutty with it. I have some arthritis in my spine so that is a factor. I can't see to get comfortable. My tail bone is killing me. Any ideas for relief? I have practically made myself a nest on the couch trying to make a soft spot to sit.

Any ideas or just plain laughs are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Mary~

Laugh out loud...it does a body good   
shoven21187
on 7/11/11 11:20 am - Saint Paul, MN
 I dont have any fixes, yet other than I bring one of those wrap around neck pillows (like for on an airplane) with me in the car and stuff to sit on. Offers some relief, but man does it hurt! Even just trying to sit on the toilet hurts sometimes haha I hope it goes away soon... Good luck with it! I would have thought less weight on it would be better, not worse...

Shelby Shrunk
on 7/11/11 12:05 pm - Sarnia, Canada
 my tailbone hurts soooo bad!!!! i used to have a flat butt when i weighed 279, at 177 im DYINGGGGGG of tailbone pain lol

YankeeRose
on 7/11/11 12:16 pm - Meadville, PA
I am only 3 weeks post-op but my tailbone has been hurting ever since getting out of surgery. I don't know why. I couldn't even get comfortable in the hospital bed. it happened to me a few yrs ago when I had another surgery so maybe it has something to do with laying flat on your back on the OR table for so long.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Mia H.
on 7/12/11 2:44 am - OH
 Same with me.  I didn't hurt in the hospital, but at home sitting on the recliner or couch for any time my tailbone hurts.  Never had this prior to surgery.  I guess it's my bodies way of telling me to get up and be active, lol.

Laura in Texas
on 7/11/11 12:36 pm
For severe tailbone pain, my plastic surgeon removes them. He was asking lots of questions about my tailbone before he did my lower body lift to see if he needed to remove it, but my tailbone pain is minimal.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

fiveholts714
on 7/11/11 1:48 pm - St. George, UT
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Get one of the inflatable rings for people with hemorrhoids. I can't stand to sit on a hard seat.
Eliza55
on 7/11/11 2:21 pm, edited 7/11/11 2:21 pm - PA
I broke my tailbone 6 or 7 years ago. You can get on of the wedge shaped pillows with a hole at the very back, and it helps a great deal.  I saw them the other day at my local Bed Bath and Beyond, and you can also get them online.   I also found it helpful to sit up very straight, and never slouch in a chair (puts more pressure on the tailbone).  The absolute worst chairs are the collapsable outdoor chairs that are some fabric slung between rods.   My tailbone took a lot longer than usual to heal, but it's completely fine now.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Proudtobaloser
on 7/11/11 3:16 pm - Fayetteville, NC
NOT looking forward to this, not one bit blah!!!! Have had several bouts with polinital cysts and OMG talk about pain. hope they do not flair up once I loose the weight. :(

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 3:27 pm - NY
My ass hurts too!
Most Active
Recent Topics