I'm hot and cranky and don't feel like eating.

YankeeRose
on 7/18/11 7:26 am - Meadville, PA
Anyone else suffering in this heat wave? It was in the 90's today and very, very humid. We took the kids on a field trip today whi*****luded a picnic lunch and time on the playground. It was sooo hot all I wanted to do was drink water and lots of it. Didn't help the heat with a 45 minute long bus trip both ways. When we got back to the daycare the AC was not working! Ugh! Plus I live 25 miles from the daycare and I have no AC in my car either! I haven't eaten much today at all, just a half piece of turkey breast lunch meat and a string cheese. I know thats very bad. I did have a lil bit of protein shake this morning but did not fini**** b/c I put 2 packets of splenda in it thinking it would help the taste but ended up making it way too sweet for my taste. Oh well, live and learn. Guess I will have to try to make up for the protein this evening with protein shakes. I just bought the Unjury chicken soup protein powder but it seems too hot for soup (even in the AC)!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Carrie S.
on 7/18/11 8:53 am - Asheville, NC
 I feel your pain! 
BTW my surgery was July 22nd!

It's hot where I live as well and my car AC barely works.  I'm not hungry AT ALL and have to force myself to eat.  It sucks.  
At least we're staying hydrated!!
Hang in there!

Carrie

RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
YankeeRose
on 7/18/11 12:34 pm - Meadville, PA
Thanks for responding Carrie! We CAN do this. You hang in there too.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

YankeeRose
on 7/18/11 1:18 pm - Meadville, PA
Well I think I've redeamed myself. I got in a total of 65 g of protein and 88.9 oz of fluids today! Protein not as high as I have been getting, but since the day started off so badly (w/protein issues), I am pleased with what I was able to get in. i did try the Unjury chicken protein and it was decent but I did notice an after taste. My sf Fla-Vor-Ice pops took care of that!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 7/18/11 2:26 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Pat yourself on the back. You did a great job of salvaging what started out as a tough time. I'm so proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work. Wish I could send you some of my A/C. I don't think I would be able to handle the heat. They would probably have to give me IV fluids.  Take care,    Mag   

YankeeRose
on 7/19/11 7:14 am - Meadville, PA
Thanks Mag!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views