Xpost. Chinese food and very sick.

savedbygrace10
on 7/21/11 11:17 am - Byron, GA
I hope somebody can help. I ate just 2 small pieces of beef from beef with broccoli. I immediately had that sick feeling so stopped eating. I had foamies for about 15 minutes and then threw up quite a bit. This was the first time since surgery that I have actually thrown up. I have had the foamies a few times but it usually passes in less than an hour. This time, I have been sick for over 3 hours. It started feeling like heartburn so I tried to take my afternoon dose of pepcid with a sip of water. No sooner had I put the cap back on the water bottle than I had to go throw up again. This time it was like bile - no food. I don't understand what is going on since this has never happened before. I actually have my 3 month appointment tomorrow. Any ideas?

immafatgirl
on 7/21/11 11:20 am - KY
all i know is they cook it in peanut oil and practically everything . did u chew it up good. just from reading what others have posted . sounds like a stricture. thankfully your appt is tomorrow and they can check u out.. good luck hun 
M M
on 7/21/11 11:25 am
 Stuck - go to bed.

Tomorrow - if you feel any further discomfort - talk to the doc.  :)
savedbygrace10
on 7/21/11 11:27 am - Byron, GA
Thanks for responding. Can a stricture come up that fast? I was able to eat just fine at lunch and drank a bottle of water mid afternoon. This all came up after eating the Chinese. I think I chewed pretty good but I do have to be careful with that. What I threw up was small pieces (sorry for TMI).

jmelyn1977
on 7/21/11 11:42 am
I have tried Chinese so many times.... Every time I end up in the same situation... Something there just does not agree with me.  At first I thought it was from their sauces so I tried without and still got sick.  And just like you - it was for HOURS - not just the hour of puking foamies and being done.  So not sure what to tell you other than you are not alone in this one.
Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon!
Jamie

savedbygrace10
on 7/21/11 11:53 am - Byron, GA
Jamie - it is definitely crazy. Hopefully it'll be better by morning.

By the way, your surgery was the day before mine.

seattledeb
on 7/21/11 1:30 pm
I am 2 years out. I cannot eat Chinese food without getting sick. My local take out went out of business after my surgery.
Deb T.

nanners1975
on 7/21/11 1:37 pm - MA
My surgeon has told me that I will never be able to eat Chinese food again...says it just never settles right arter surgery for most people
ObiMomKenobi
on 7/21/11 3:53 pm
Chinese food is often loaded with MSG... could that be an issue?

I hope you feel better soon.

Amanda :)

blondieann
on 7/22/11 1:11 am
I had the same problem after chicken and brocolli, 2 bites and a horrible feeling.  I will never make that mistake again. 

Most Active
Recent Topics