Single for the first time in 3 years

csiaj90
on 7/22/11 12:07 am
So, last night, my boyfriend of three years and I broke up. I am devastated. My surgery is in three weeks, and I'm afraid that this is going to inhibit me from doing the right thing when it comes to my pre-op stuff...

Just thought I'd vent...
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 12:14 am - TX
I'm so sorry. Breakups are hard and tend to upset your entire world. Just try to remember that the things you are moving towards are for a better YOU whether the relationship works out or not. Try to do the things to stay on track that you need to do for your surgery - you will regret it later on if you don't.

If you are able to talk to someone or go to counseling, I would. Breaking up from a long term relationship/marriage is one of those Top Five most stressful events you can go through.
Dorathea
on 7/22/11 12:15 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Good riddance!  He probably doesn't want you to get healthy and sexy.  Your soulmate is still out there waiting for you.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 12:34 am - Boston, MA
 sorry, I know break ups are not easy!! Try to stay positive.. you are starting fresh in life; new health, new body, new attitude, NEW MAN!!!!!!!!!  No better revenge than looking hot after a break up!  We are here for you for support  during your pre op stuff!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!
csiaj90
on 7/22/11 12:40 am
Thanks guys for your support! I really didn't think I would take it so hard, since it has kinda been coming for a while now.

But you guys are right---I need to just focus on me, and getting healthy, and looking absolutely stunning!
waitinggame
on 7/22/11 12:58 am - Bowie, MD
The sad fact is that the odds say you'd have broken up after your surgery anyway, especially if you were already having problems, but that does not mean it isn't heart breaking. Keep your eye on the prize--a new life with health, confidence and self-esteem. Lots of life to live out there and not having someone hold you back emotionally is a big blessing.

I'll pray for your safe surgery and speedy recovery. Hang in there!!

Best to you,

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

The_Chungs
on 7/22/11 1:16 am
Good riddance!  Count your blessings...you are going to have a life-changing surgery in a few weeks that is going to give you the health, body, and life you want and deserve.  You deserve a man that is going to support, love, and appreciate you, too!!!  Trust me, "the one" is out there for you!!!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

cajungirl
on 7/22/11 1:39 am
I'm sorry you are going through this.  Think positive, IMO it's better now then after surgery.  You have 3 weeks to process the breakup and ground yourself for an amazing, healthy new YOU.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kwinkleman
on 7/22/11 1:44 am - FL
 I am so sorry you are going through all this.  I had something similar happen right before my surgery, I even thought about cancelling the entire thing.  But I did not and I am so happy I didn't.  Take that negative feelings and turn it positive.  Use this as motivation.  Motivation to be a new healthier slimmer YOU!  

Good luck

Laura in Texas
on 7/22/11 2:26 am
I am sorry you are hurting. But time-wise, I think you will look back and realize the timing was perfect. You have the time now to focus 100% on yourself and not the drama you may have been having with him. A healthier you is the best gift you can give to yourself!!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."