3 Days Post Op and feeling pretty weak

heatherambrosia
on 7/24/11 4:48 am - GA
I had a perfect surgery and recovery so far other than the fact that I'm pretty weak today and had a massive headache in the middle of the night that had me sending my hubby for pain relievers at 3 AM. Otherwise, it's been great... I mean surprisingly awesome.

Per doctor's orders, yesterday I worked my way up to 8 oz an hour of clear liquids and today I've incorporated full liquids. However, I've been feeling pretty tired and generally fatigued. I've had some Powerade with electrolytes and that tends to help. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for the advice and prayers before surgery. I'm completely sure that is what pulled me through so well so far.

Thanks!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
poet_kelly
on 7/24/11 4:59 am - OH
Of course you're tired, you had major surgery three days ago!  I'm guessing you're not getting many calories right now and maybe not a lot of protein, either.  Take a nap.  You'll feel better soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

D-J
on 7/24/11 5:15 am
i was just reading a reply you had posted the other day about having your surgery soon and wondered how you were doing,,i was gonna msg you and ask,,i know it seems like your never going to be normal again,, this is major surgery even if it is done by Lap. it takes awhile for your body to recover,,but you will trust me,,i can't believe how much energy i have now just 5 weeks out and i had compilcations coming out of surgery,,but it's a whole new life now,,:)
heatherambrosia
on 7/24/11 5:36 am - GA
You both are right.... even though my first day home was great, it's likely normal that I wouldn't keep riding that high. :)

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. I've been taking 1/2 doses of tylenol rapid blast (liquid) b/c my Loratab just knocks me out, but may I could go for a good drug induced sleep.

Thanks~
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
Lammy
on 7/24/11 8:26 am - North Providence, RI
I will be three weeks post on Tuesday. I went back to work last week and did fine. This weekend however it has all caught up and I am wasted. It is a real tired though, not a I feel like crap tired, just a I need a nap tired. I look at it this way, right now I have intentionally made my body use itself as a fuel source, i am still 187 pounds from goal, and something's gotta give. If all I have to do is nap once and a while to survive this, I will count my blessings and call this a success. Smile, cause it's all a good thing

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 153 views