New to this all!!

dreakixxes
on 7/25/11 10:31 am, edited 7/25/11 10:33 am - Raymond, NH
RNY on 03/05/12
Hello my name is Nikki.
I have just made my mind up to have RNY done. This was about 6months ago. I have working hard and trying to get things done. I have everything done but lossing the weight. 16 lbs
I dont know what Im doing wrong cause i cut out a lot of things. Its hard dealing with this and no one understanding what Im dealing with. I get told all the time its just 16 lbs.
I know the doctors want you to lose the weight so they know your going to do well in the end. But if i could loss that much weight i wouldnt need WLS. I need someone to help me with the out look on things.
Im down 10lbs now so only 6 to go. But the light is so far away. Somedays i ask myself if i should have it done at all. OH sorry to vent but everyone here knows what i feel like.
How cant i loss the weight fast?

Thanks for reading

Nikki
Jessica A.
on 7/25/11 10:52 am - Auburn, AL
 Hi Nikki! 
I understand the frustration.  My doctor/dietician put me on a month long pre-surgery diet that was minimal carbs and high in protein.  I was only allowed 20 carbs or less a day but had serious issues with lightheadedness so they upped it to 60 carbs a day.  Basically cut out all breads, starches, sugars.  Eat lots of lean meat and veggies.  Do away with all sugary drinks.  Try to stick with mainly water.  They make a lot of flavorings for water these days.  Pre-surgery I used crystal light a lot but after surgery it left me a bad aftertaste so I switched to Mio.  The first 3 days of the diet were the hardest but it does get better.  Keep a journal of your carbs, calories and protein.  Don't rely on tallying it up in your head.  If you are strict on the plan,  you should have no problem losing weight.  I easily lost 15 pounds.

Jessica A.
on 7/25/11 10:55 am - Auburn, AL
 I also used that time to try out different protein shakes and used them to help me feel full.  Don't go crazy on buying protein powder though.  Your tastes most likely will change after surgery and you could end up with protein that you don't like after.  I hear from quite a lot of people that this happens to, myself included.  

YankeeRose
on 7/25/11 11:16 am - Meadville, PA
I lost a lot of weight on the pre-op liquid diet. Maybe you could do that to get the final 6 lbs off?

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics