Symptoms of something....just not sure what?

Sasrah1972
on 7/25/11 11:19 am - NY
So for the last two days I've felt an odd "heartburn" kind of feeling in my chest. Not all the time, and yes, sometimes after I eat. I took a few Tums and it did go away after a while, but happened again today. Once was after eating edamame and the other was after eating tuna (which I eat all the time). Today I felt a bit bloated in the afternoon. I ate very little lunch (picked the tuna out of half a sandwich because I forgot to bring my lunch at a conference I attended) but drank a lot of decaf iced coffee.

I don't have any pain, just heartburn (whatever it is) and bloating.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Recently read about bloating as a symptom of gall bladder issues (and I'm on Urso so I am hoping I am OK).

Do I need to call my doctor?

Thanks....
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

ArmyWife7806
on 7/25/11 11:34 am - Wheeler AAF, HI
I just found out a week ago I have gallstones. I know one thing they kept asking me at the ER was if I had pains in my chest or shoulders (Which I didnt). My symptoms were sharp stabbing pain right under my right rib cage that would come and go, nausea, and I was bloated. I haven't had any pain like that since that time but I still hurt a little after I eat.  I'd keep an eye on your symptoms. If you start having pain I'd call the doctor.

~Mandi 
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

Sasrah1972
on 7/25/11 11:38 am - NY
Thanks, Mandi. Hope you are feeling better post-diagnosis and that the pain is not too bad. Did you take Urso or any other gall bladder meds post surgery?
qnmimi
on 7/25/11 12:42 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Hmmm..no good meal, lots of iced coffee...sounds like a recipe for increased acid in pouch. Try an antacid?

DebsGiz
on 7/25/11 8:44 pm - FL

When in doubt ALWAYS call your doctor...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?