Help me create a protein enriched grocery list....

dropnthemlbs
on 7/27/11 5:38 am
I plan on taking a large trip to the grocery store pretty soon and would like any and all ideas of good protein filled foods and or drinks/shakes....
I am almost 8 months out... ( If item is something specific, if you can ...  please specify the brand or where you can purchase item at )
Thanks so much,
now lets go shopping!
DropNtHEmlbs    
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 6:23 am
I just bought Kashi cereal...I eat it dry as a snack at work.  It has 14 grams of protein in it.  Well that is if you eat a 1/3 of a cup....I usually cant eat that much. LOL

my two cents... :)
waitinggame
on 7/27/11 6:34 am - Bowie, MD
This is, of course, all dependent on your personal tastes and some of those I threw in are not protein "filled" but have some protein in them and will cure a craving for something crunchy or sweet: greek yogurt (watch sugar on some of them), any lean protein source such as chicken, fish, shrimp, scallops, cheese (sticks, baby bel, laughing cow), Genisoy soy crisps, Boar's head deli meats (or any lunch meat, but I think Boar's head feels healthier), flat out low carb wraps, South beach cinnamon raisin or peanut butter high protein bars (note that I found them the other day as Snackwell's so not sure what is going on with that), any of the Arnold thins, Ostrim snack sticks (netrition.com), any beef jerky, turkey pepperoni, candian bacon, turkey bacon. Hmmm, I think that is all for now. If I think of anything else I'll add it.

Happy shopping!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/27/11 6:35 am - Baltimore, MD

Canned Tuna

Canned Chicken Breast

Greek style yogurt (whichever brand you like)

Small curd cottage cheese

Milk (whatever kind you drink)

Powdered milk

Textured vegetable protein (look in the natural/holistic foods aisle)

Hi-Lo Protein cereal (Cereal aisle or health foods)

Low-fat/low-sodium/nitrate free deli lunch meat

Turkey bacon

Turkey smoked sausage

Ground meat (whichever kind you like)

Bagged cheeses like shredded Mexican blend, Part-skim mozzarella, etc.

Ricotta cheese

Peanut Butter

Kidney Beans

Black Beans

Pinto Beans

Purdue pre-cooked chicken breast strips

Stew meat

Frozen (or fresh) fish fillets

Frozen (or fresh) shrimp

A ham steak (if you like ham and it’s much more manageable than an entire ham)

Pork tenderloin

Morningstar Farms products (veggie patties, etc.)

Quinoa

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

ktharp89
on 7/27/11 6:48 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 what do you do with vegetable protein?
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/27/11 6:59 am - Baltimore, MD
(Broken record in 5, 4, 3, 2...)

Search "TVP" on Bariatric Foodie. A world of possibilities will be revealed to you!

Hugs!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

ktharp89
on 7/27/11 7:03 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I've never heard of that before! You can use it in place of stuff like rice? How much protein is in it?
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/27/11 7:07 am - Baltimore, MD
There is a primer on Bariatric Foodie that answers all these questions and more!!!

(Told you I'd sound like a broken record...)

ktharp89
on 7/27/11 7:09 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 ooh woops. i see the info. thanks!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/27/11 7:13 am - Baltimore, MD
Anything for you, toots...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.