Vegetables Post Op

jessica H.
on 7/27/11 11:07 pm - frederick, MD
I'm starting to be able to tolerate certain foods and I'm extremely interested in eating some vegetables.  My only problem is not knowing what ones I'm actually allowed to have. Could some one give me a list of the vegetables you can have??
Thanks
Mia H.
on 7/27/11 11:08 pm - OH
 I'm a week earlier than you.  I can eat any cooked veggies, but my doc's plan says no raw/fresh ones until 2 months out.  Check with your doc's eating plan.  

aseg21
on 7/28/11 12:17 am - Miami, FL
The first vegetables I did were mashed potatos, super soft cooked broccoli or cauliflower and baby carrots.

A bit later, I did fresh spinach, raw broccoli, carrots, peppers, cauliflower and edamame. Now, I can eat any vegetable with no issue. Hope this helps!

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

poet_kelly
on 7/28/11 1:41 am - OH
I can have any veggies I want.  I wasn't allowed to have raw veggies until I was eight weeks out, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.