It was bound to happen sooner or later...

Amy T.
on 7/28/11 12:53 pm - CA
Last night I threw up after dinner.  I am 7 weeks post op and haven't had any issues so far.  I was beginning to think I didn't have surgery at all, because I have felt so good and didn't have any complications or any adverse effects.... until last night.  

We went out to dinner to a BBQ place,  I did good ordering,  got the BBQ beef without sauce, grilled pineapple and steamed broccoli.  I think I ate too fast.... I had 2 oz of the beef, and one bite of pineapple.  I was stuffed.  Then, I did the worst thing possible.  When I knew I was full,  I took one more bite -  

I immediately started feeling bad,  and on the drive home started salivating really bad.  Got home and thought I would feel much better if I just threw up.  And I did.  I felt much better.  I was dreading the day when I finally threw up.... now Im over it.  It wasn't that bad, but I don't want to do it again!  Lesson learned.  I guess I had surgery after all!  

Have a great evening all!  
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

aprillynn04
on 7/28/11 1:04 pm - OH
I had my surgery just a few days before you and I honestly just did the same thing! And at a BBQ place too, how bizarre! I have only been out to eat twice since surgery. It was our anniversary and we went to BD's Mongolian Grill. I think it is because I wasn't able to portion out the appropriate amount (too embarrassed to ask for a box so early :}) and I was talking to DH and wasn't paying attention to how much I ate. I didn't even make it home. I also learned my lesson also- dont' be afraid to ask for a box as soon as you recieve your food. It sucks more to throw up in the bathroom than to have the skinny, pretty 21 year old look at you strange waiting for an explanation! LOL!

Dave Chambers
on 7/28/11 1:19 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Never say "never" as a post op.  You can tolerate a food one day, and get sick the next. I suspect the bbq sauce may have had a high sugar content.  I've only been able to throw up one time in 5 years and it was the result of spoiled meat my son heavily seasoned and bbq'd .  I felt bad other days early out, and I even tried forcing my fist down my throat, but could not throw up, just dry heaves.  Pineapple has high sugar levels too.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Amy T.
on 7/28/11 1:25 pm - CA
Thanks, Dave.  Every day is a learning process, thats for sure!  Appreciate your post! 
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

dasie
on 7/28/11 8:18 pm
I threw up for the first time 2 months post-op.  I threw up twice 2 weeks ago, and I am 20 months post op.  I'm still not sure why, but I had eaten about 4 bites of a sandwich, and lunch meats give me major problems.  I hope you don't do it again.  I hate it. 

thinkingthin2011
on 7/28/11 10:09 pm - RI
Same thing happened to me last night when I ate a store bought cooked chicken. Felt much better right after I threw up. I guess I will stick to home cooking for now.

RNY date 6/28/11
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?