Help

maggiet
on 7/29/11 8:32 am - Durham, NC
I had surgery on June 3rd, struggled through my liquid diet phase, became very excited when I hit the soft foods phase. Suddenly EVERYTHING tatses like dead fish. When I ihtnk of eating I become nauseous. I can hold food down when I am able to eat so no stricture problems. I have every food there is in the world that I can eat but the thought of all of it makes me sick.  I finally broke down and bought some protein shakes. Have any of you gone through this? Is it ok for me to stick with shakes mostly to get my calories and protein for a little while. 

I read through a lot of posts looking for something that would sound good. I went to some of those recipe sites and blogs. Still the thought of real food makes me sick.

PTM
on 7/29/11 12:28 pm
I was really sick for the first 3 months or so after surgery, and couldn't stomach much of anything beyond yogurt and saltines. My nutritionist told me to do the best I could until such time as I was able to get things in and keep them down. And that point did come - at about 4 months post-op. Now I'm doing much better, food sounds good to me, and I'm able to tolerate a wider variety of foods. I would suggest making sure you stay hydrated, get as much protein in as possible, and take your supplements. This, too, shall pass!
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views