Frustrated

T V.
on 7/31/11 1:04 am
I was 3 weeks out this past Thursday. I lost only 15 lbs at my check up. I have not lost anything for the past week. They let me move on to pureed foods and that is going somewhat ok. Any ideas why the scale is not moving? Am I already at a stall?

poet_kelly
on 7/31/11 1:07 am - OH
The scale hasn't moved in a week because that just happens sometimes.  I don't know if you're at a stall or not.  If you don't lose anything for a couple more week then yeah, that's a stall.  But you won't lose every week.  That's just the way weight loss works.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 1:16 am - Boston, MA
Like kelly said, it's normal.  I lost 15 right after surgery also.. then nothing for 2 weeks then 15 again.. then nothing for 3 weeks, that's the way I was in the beginning.. now I lose pretty steady everyday for a week.. then nothing for a week then .5 ect.. every week its different, there is no set pattern.. all that matters is the number is going down!  You will get there just try to relax. You will notice that typcially when you're not losing weight on the scale you are losing inches.  Try taking your measurements if you really want to see a difference somewhere.  I only do measurements once a monyh but everytime I'm not losing for more than a week.. my pants are getting bigger and bigger =) good luck!
Lindylou1
on 7/31/11 1:20 am - CA
It is not about the scale. It is eating the right things and taking your vitamins. I know it is almost impossible to change our thinking.
I was the same way. The scale was so slow and the more I looked it seemed the slower it went.

I also posted my frustration. I was told to focus on eating correctly and exercising and taking my vitamins and the weight will come off. Don't worry. Man I hated to here that. It meant I had to wait. But things do change and the weight does come off. So be patient and be good to yourself. Keep focused on staying healthy and it will happen before you know it.

maggiet
on 7/31/11 4:24 am - Durham, NC
Tracy,
I stalled for a couple of weeks right about then. Have just now started to lose again. From the other posts I've seen this is VERY common. One person described it as stair step loss and that's what has been going on with me. I was sure I was even gaining weight- maybe I did, maybe I didn't it was a differrent scale than I usually weigh on. Try not to weigh daily and just wait it out. It sucks, though!!!
Maggie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 323 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?