Ok, guess it's my turn again: what should I try to change up?

Koko M.
on 8/2/11 1:10 pm - Albany, CA
I won't pretend that I think there's anything "wrong".
I guess it's just really starting to wear on my nerves how ssslllloooowwlllyyyy   the weight is coming off now, especially over the last month or so.

I'm actually up two pounds from my low of 169.  I'm in the "any minute now" phase of my cycle, so even that isn't really freaking me out that much, but I have to admit, it makes me wonder: if everyone has their own "settled" weight point, when they just hit a balance and stop losing, how do you know when you've reached that point, other than by waiting fruitlessly for more weight to come off?
... Is there any way to know? 
172 seems kinda high to me for that to be my normal, correct weight. My BMI is still smack in the middle of "overweight", after all. (I'm only 5'6".)

So for more data, here's what I ate today:

cals                        fat               carbs                  protein
1.5 servings of Mock Click                       338                6 grams            8 grams              45 grams
med. broiled pork chop                             216               12.4 grams           0                     24.4 grams
1 C plain FF greek yogurt                         120                       0                 20 grams            12 grams
1/2 C red grapes                                          55                 .1 grams         14.5 grams          .6 grams
1/4 C blueberries                                         21                 .1 grams          5.3 grams           .3 grams
1/2 can waterpack tuna                              93                  .7 grams              0                      20.4 grams
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil                      119                13.5 grams           0                               0
8 oz firm tofu                                                141                 6.1 grams        5.4 grams          15.6 grams

So, this is about a typical day for me, over the last month or so. I'm averaging around 1100 calories, though my protein is usually more in the 80 to 90 range, not today's crazy 118, with a corresponding shift up in carbs and fat, usually a bit higher than today, proportionately.  My pie chart mostly resembles more of a mercedes emblem.
But that's about it. I walked about 3 miles today, which I try to do at least a couple of times a week. (Brisk, with bursts of power walking.) I do Zumba 2 or 3 afternoons a week. I lost my personal trainer about a month ago, just don't have the $$, but I'd say I'm still fairly active, at least.
Just turned 47. German-Irish. Gemini-Cancer cusp.
What do you think I should do to make this move?
Or do you think I'm just coming to the end...?

Thanks in advance.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

cajungirl
on 8/2/11 1:30 pm
Your eating looks great, to me. You are exercising and burning calories, any idea how many (estimate?).

How is your water intake?

What goal are you working toward? It's definitely a much slower pace when you (general) get close to a reasonable weight or goal.

When I got within 12lbs of my goal it took almost 3 months to get there.

You might try upping your calorie intake a few days then dropping back down. A little shake up in routine may get things moving again for you.

BTW we are the same age, same sign, and I'm French-Irish, and we had children as mature women (not saying older LOL). You are TALLER than I am, I am the shortest person in my family except my 2 boys and they are about to pass me up.

Hang in there. This definite test our patience.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 8/2/11 3:34 pm - OH
I wonder if maybe you're not getting enough calories.  I know we're all used to thinking we have to cut calories to lose weight, and obviously all of us were eating way too many calories before surgery, but if we don't eat enough calories we don't lose much either because our body really holds onto stuff to make sure it doesn't starve.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 8/2/11 9:23 pm - Mills River, NC
Same time frame for surgery, around the same losses but I am 4'11".  My food intake looks pretty similar except I have been doing higher protein, lower carbs for the last few months.  My protein is always over 110, sometimes up to 135. Carbs are lower, almost never up to 30-35.  I only lost 1 lb last month but the couple of months before it has been 5lbs a month.  So slow for sure.  I am at the top of my normal BMI and 62 and think I probably an real close to being done. Which is fine for me.  But I am happy how I am eating and so I will keep on and see what, if anything else happens.
So maybe up your protein, lower your carbs and see if it has an effect.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?