I did what I said I would never do.....gain weight back!!!!

jojo39
on 8/4/11 2:10 pm - NY
 I am so dissapointed in myself....I have gained half of my weight back and I may be an alcoholic!! I transferred addictions for sure and need to get into counseling (which I never really got enought of before surgery) I want to know how to get back to the number I got down to when I was new at surgery without a revision!!  HELP!!!!!

jojo39
on 8/4/11 2:11 pm - NY
 and its only been 3 years since my surgery!!!!!

Lisa R.
on 8/4/11 2:15 pm - CA
if you don't mind me asking, how did you do that?  How did you gain the weight back?  I am only 3 months out and want to know now the pitfalls that I should try to avoid.  Do you think it's the alcohol?  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
jojo39
on 8/8/11 9:38 pm - NY
 I am sure the alcohol has a huge roll as well as me not being careful about what I chose to eat. If you had good counseling before your surgery then maybe you wont go through what I am. Good luck!

poet_kelly
on 8/4/11 2:33 pm - OH
Have you made an appointment with a counselor yet?  I'd do that right away.

You might wanna think about AA meetings, too.

Have you been following up with your surgeon's office?  Can you make an appointment to see the dietician?  Or if you haven't been following up with your surgeon, find one and make an appointment.

Go back to the basics.  Small meals five or six times a day, eat protein first, make sure you're getting at least 60 grams of protein a day, don't drink with meals and keep a log of everything you eat.

You can do this.  Just start tomorrow and take it one day at a time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jojo39
on 8/8/11 9:40 pm - NY
 thanks for the advice....I know I really need to seek counsel and also go back to those basic principles. I no longer see my surgery group due to insurance changes.

Binda
on 8/4/11 3:26 pm - CA
I'm only 7 months post op but I have 7+ years sober - get into counseling for sure and find an AA meeting and see if it is something that might help.

I transferred to food after quitting smoking, pills and drinking. I don't know WHAT the next addiction will be but rest assured there IS one, just waiting ;)

I can't speak about your weight regain because I'm ignorant in that area and don't know BUT I DO know that having an addiction isn't your fault.

What you do with being an addict/alcoholic IS your responsiblity.

I hope you find help, it's hell to be alone in addiction.

Peace
Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

jojo39
on 8/8/11 9:41 pm - NY
 Thankyou.....I am def. getting into a counselor soon and hope to get to the bottom of my problems!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 8:13 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 05/04/15
Liquid calories can definitely cause you to gain weight.  Alcohol has 7 calories per gram, more than protein or carbohydrates (4g) and almost as much as fat (9g).  Definitely seek counseling for the new addiction...working on improving yourself is a holistic effort, and just like alcoholism can do in your weight loss efforts, getting treatment can help you get back to the healthy habits that helped you lose weight in the first place.
jojo39
on 8/8/11 9:42 pm - NY
 Thanks.....I am def. working on it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 447 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views