Need a Pep Talk

Pam211
on 8/4/11 10:21 pm - Lexington-Fayette, KY
Okay, so I'm doing really well except I find that I "really" want to have desserts, chips, and crackers.......I don't really "dump" too bad anymore.  Last night I ate some left over cheesecake from a family birthday last weekend (yes, I had it last weekend too), and it did make me "feel bad" and I did get a rapid heart beat, and yes, I did the same thing when I had it over the weekend. I know I shouldn't eat this stuff, but I am having some issues with my husband being off work and finances are tight, plus I had a really busy weekend last weekend, and I've been really tired this week.  I have discovered that when I'm really tired I get really sloppy about what I eat...and yes, I do know that in turn just makes matters worse, as those foods increase the fatigue!  Oh yea, I have another really busy weekend ahead of me and have already told my husband that I am determined I will get my rest in spite of it, don't want to have another week like this one!

dasie
on 8/4/11 10:50 pm
Do you weigh every day?  I have had the same issues.  They began when my step-mother passed away.  I have been out-of-town most of 2011 because my husband is executor of the estate.  I too ate the foods you described - and then some.  Reality set in for me the day I returned home after being gone for 4 days.  I felt I had gained during that particular trip, so when we pulled into the drive way, I went in and immediately weighed.  SIX POUNDS UP.  Those were real 6 pounds and no****er.  It took me more than a month to get them off.  I exercised and watched everything that went into my mouth.  Now, I weigh daily...no exceptions.  It surprised me it took so long to get that newly gained weight off.  I find by weight every morning, something I did not do during the losing phase, it helps keep me honest.  Now I understand how easily it could be to regain if I am not diligent.

Vivian Prouty
on 8/4/11 11:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Ditto what Daise said.    PLEASE start now to change that bad habit you are forming.   Re-gain can happen at any time and stress in our live can really cause it to come on quickly.    Toss those foods that are tempting you into the trash and don't let them re-enter you house.    Good luck to you.   Go to dailyplate.com and log everything that goes into your mouth.    This is a life time commitment that we have made to get healthy.    Good luck.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Pam211
on 8/4/11 11:09 pm - Lexington-Fayette, KY

Thanks ladies! Yes, Daisie, I do weight every single day....not to mention I still have about 40 lbs to reach my goal and am still just a few pounds from Onederland.....struggeling to get there....that alone should be my motivation! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 12:06 am - Boston, MA
 You can do it!! You're worth the effort!  I totally understand eating poorly when you're busy, it's so easy to do!! I try to grab beef jerky or a protein bar when I'm busy instead of a handful of crap.. try to keep things like that on hand.  You have lost so much weight and you are almost there, don't give in now!!!  Everyone deserves a treat once in awhile but it should be a treat not an everyday thing try to set a day or meal aside that you will allow yourself no limit.. like Saturday dinner you can eat whatever you want including that cheesecake.. then you have that to look forward to during the week!   Good luck hope you get to goal!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views