pain difference between band and RNY

Shelly D.
on 8/5/11 2:00 am - Grandview, TX
I am having a revision from the band to the RNY on Wednesday and I am wondering what the difference will be pain wise? Will you feel full on the liquids, I didnt feel full on liquids with the band. I am just wondering what to expect with this surgery that will be different from the last. Anyone who has done a revison...any advise, tips or suggestions would be greatly apprecitaed.  I am so happy

thanks so much
Tonya0531
on 8/5/11 3:39 am - Lake, MS

It's been a while since I had the band but I don't think the pain was that much worse.  Of course, while I was in the hospital, I was on morphine but after I got home it wasn't too bad.  I had about the same incisions both times.  You WILL feel full on liquids.  You WILL wonder how in the world are you going to drink all you are suppose to drink.  Advice?  Rest while you are in the hospital and get up moving as soon as you possibly can to help with the gas.  That was the worst part for me.  Be patient.  You will start feeling like yourself again but it may take a few weeks.  Focus on protein, fluids, and healing.  Your energy will come back...just have to give it time.  You will probably go thru a period of emotional stress.  You may even regret your decision.  But that too will pass.  In a couple of weeks, you will look back and know that you made a great change in your life and it was all worth it!  Good luck!

Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics