revision from band to RNY

Shelly D.
on 8/5/11 2:57 am - Grandview, TX
I posted this earlier but no one has commented. lol I am just getting anxious. Can anyone who has been revised...lol from band to RNY. What differences do you feel. post op pain differences. full feeling between the band and the pouch ???? just getting anxious and need all the info I can get

thanks so much
Tonya0531
on 8/5/11 3:26 am - Lake, MS
I'm sorry...I must have not seen the other post because I LOVE telling people about my revision.  The band was "the devil".  LOL  I had the band for almost 3 years before I had it removed.  I always felt stuck or was running to the restroom to get rid of what I had eaten.  I don't think a day went by with the band that I didn't vomit.  I had my revision in April and would do it again tomorrow.  I don't get sick unless I screw up by eating a bite too much or unknowingly taking in too much sugar.  2 months after my bypass I had a stricture and it felt just like it did when I had the band...I knew something was wrong, but it was fixed and I'm good as new.  Post op pain wasn't that much different.  I pretty much had the same incisions.  This time was more mentally challenging though.  Please feel free to ask anything.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
shellb58
on 8/5/11 3:27 am - WA

I can not say enough on how I love having the RNY and getting rid of the CRAP band. The discomfort after was the same for me as when I had the band. I hated the hard lump from the port of the band. Now thats not there. I never felt full with the band, Everything seemed to get stuck and so I never felt satisfied. Now with the RNY I feel full after a 1/2 of what ever I am eating. Not once have I slimmed. Its not a Thanksgiving full feeling, but more of a satisfied full. I am just so greatfull that I can at least eat food and not slime, or puke, or wonder how I will do at the next family gathering.  Hope this helps!
Shelley

shelley veturis            
Shelly D.
on 8/5/11 3:35 am - Grandview, TX
Thank yall so much, I will be so glad to get rid of this port. I hate the slimming and the stuck feeling in my chest. I was just wondering how the post op pain was compared to the band. I am so excited!!!! My Aunt is doing the same thing, revising to the RNY and we are gonna go through this the same as we did the band. I will be glad to have a satisfied feeling rather than a stuck feeling and having to sit close to the restrooms everywhere I went. I got so tired of throwing up ....... I am ready but I was wondering what you meant by being more emotionally challenging. I will take any and all advise I can take......
Sunshinelvr11
on 8/5/11 4:00 am
I did my revision this last April and honestly it was the BEST thing i ever did!!  I had my band in since 2004 and for the last year it had slipped but i was soo afraid of revision that i held out. Well i just went to the DR for a check up and i said to him...my only regret was that i didnt do it sooner!  the post op pain was not really that much different. I am four months out have lost 70 pounds and i feel amazing..no slimming, no food stuck..no more having to know where every bathroom is to vomit....and i have gotten rid of most of the heart burn that i had lived with for years!!!!

best of luck and honestly...You will be soo happy you chose to revise!