Surgery Monday ...freakin out...

oceansunset70
on 8/5/11 7:37 pm - RI
well the time has come down to the wire my surgery is monday and now i am freakin out...scared ..excited..nervious...i think my body is playing tricks on me..woke up this morning with like phlem in my throat felt fine yesterday..hmmm allergies maybe...

I had my filter put in on thursday felt fine that day too..the only thing is that the ac in the hospital made me shiver..talk about cold ...froze the whole time i was there...Hubby said its all in my head ..lol...He said its just probably from the ac in the hospital...just worried is all...dont want my surgery to be post poned or anything...

Ok now for my list for the hospital but they call me yesterday and told me not to bring anything with me except maybe a chap stick..Which i had plan on that already...They told me not to bring anything extra with me seeing i wont have time for it...So i guess that good..lol...

I did all my housework..all there is left to do is vaccum and wash the kitchen floor...hubby is doing that seeing my neck is kinda sore...I did all my list from my nut...and all my running around is done..Is the anything else that i am missing i need to do>?

Well sorry about the ramble just kinda nervious ..and just want this to be done..:)
I'll let everyone know when im home from the hospital ...

Thanks for the ear...
Pam
HappyMango
on 8/5/11 8:33 pm - FL
Best Wishes Pam!  You are going to do fantastic!

Try to relax over the weekend, if you can. :) 

Can't wait to hear from you after surgery.

Mia H.
on 8/5/11 8:53 pm - OH
 I did that the weekend before my surgery as well.  Cleaned, went to the store, made meals for my family and froze them, etc.  It's natural to be nervous and think of the what ifs.   

This is what I brought to the hospital:
chapstick (this really helps)
hair brush
toothpaste/toothbrush
book to read (honestly, never to got to it)
underwear & overnight pads (period started the day before, boo)
and a throw blanket (I get cold too and the hospital blankets are always too thin).

I was in for 3 days.  

I wish you luck on your surgery and the start of this new journey in your life.  I look forward to seeing you on the loser's bench. 

ready_2_live
on 8/5/11 9:55 pm - Niceville, FL
 I remember having all of those emotions right before surgery, but mostly I remember being excited! I only brought the necessary toiletries to the hospital, with the exception of a compact mirror and socks with "tread" (I don't like slippers) so I could do my walking safely. Some hospitals make you wear theirs but mine didn't. Walking often was my saving grace. I walked until they basically made me get back in bed! 
mainegal
on 8/5/11 9:56 pm - Thomaston, ME
Monday will be here before you know it.

I think we're pretty much the same, preparing our home before surgery. I did all the cleaning, shoving furniture around, moving stuff before surgery.

Thery're right. Don't take too much with you. You won't need it. I brought my needlework to do- never touched it.  I have an almost 2 hour drive to the hospital so comfy loose pants and a water bottle were a must for coming home.

Good luck post and let us know how you make out.

Emily     SW 320, Pre Surg 271.3, Lowest 189.8 Current 212.9 GW -155-188
Continuing the weight loss journey 10 pound goals at a time.  June 2011

gbsdoesthebodygood
on 8/5/11 10:06 pm
Remember they have those wonderful heated blankets in the hospital. JUST ASK   What wonderful news for surgery on Monday, you will be just fine. Enjoy your weekend.

purpleamanda
on 8/5/11 10:42 pm - TN
im freaking out as well, my surgery is at 7:30 monday morning! but i live 5 hours away so i will have a long drive home when im released. im bringing my pillow from home cause i have to have it no matter where i am if im staying overnight!
    *Amanda*                
Cheryl N.
on 8/5/11 11:33 pm - Des Moines, WA
Good luck!  You will just be fine! 

Hospital is right, don't bring too much, I brought my Nookcolor, and my portable dvd player, and I never used them ... was sleeping quite a bit... but I was still up to using my droid! LOL

The first day was tough.   I don't know if they will insert a catherer in you, but if you are allergic to latex, be sure to let them know.  I found out I have a mild allergy to latex the hard and sucky way, because I had a reaction where the catherer was .. resulted in me taking lots of pain meds, and then got very uncomfortable and was in tears and finally demanded they remove the catherer even though 24 hours of having it in wasn't up yet.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

lk7777
on 8/6/11 10:51 am - Blue Springs, MO
im 65 yrs old and did great. you will too. I never had any real pain but did enjoy the pain pump
hisxmorticia
on 8/6/11 10:54 am - FL
a few days before i totally freaked out & even told my husband i was canceling it, LOL. he of course said hell no since we'd already paid (24,000 self pay, ouch). but once it came surgery morning i was so calm, so excited. you will do fabulously!! much luck!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics