Pcos question

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/9/11 2:09 am - MO
I been recently diagnosed with PCOS, My hair has been thining for about a year now and its starting to really get to me. I am waiting for "the call" to get my surgery date witch I was told last week that it would be monday of tuesday so I may get my date today. My pcp put me on metformin for metabolic syndrome and she said it also helps the pcos and so would weightloss.

After surgery i know your hair thins but i have also heard it comes back. Im only 28 (sept 6th ill be 29)  and i really am afraid of going bald .

So my question is has any one else with PCOS had thining hair before but after weightloss its come back it or at least some of it?

Thanks in advance!
Amanda

Pholaris
on 8/9/11 2:32 am
I have PCOS- Lost a bit of hair, but is all growing back again. I am just 1 year Post OP
Pregnancy%20ticker
wolfcalling
on 8/9/11 3:36 am
I have PCOS and am 2 years out.  I did lose a bit of hair, but never to the point of looking bald and everything that I have lost has since grown back.  Also, my PCOS symptoms are 100% gone and I am at GOAL!!!

WOOHOO!

Hope this helps.
Christina

Candigirl23
on 8/9/11 4:02 am
I have PCOS and lost a lot of hair before I ever had the surgery and it has only began to fall out quicker! I just got my hair cut real short and it seems to lessen the loss. Also, I figure that being bald would be ok, I could have a different color hair and cut everyday!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

Jameen G.
on 8/9/11 4:18 am - NC
GREAT ATTITUDE!

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/9/11 7:30 am - MO
Thanks for the reply's every one, Im trying to have a good attitude tward this its just hard sometimes. A new style everyday would keep it interesting.
Thanks again
Amanda

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics